Question How to fix CPU temp issues

Dec 24, 2019
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello all, I’m having trouble figuring out an issue I’m having with my CPU.. I recently moved my hardware into a new case and since moving it over I’ve noticed an increase in CPU temp while idling and during gaming. My CPU temp used to idle at about 43°C but after moving it into my new case it now idles at around 55°-60°C. Running games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Escape From Tarkov push my CPU temp up to about 94°C which is wayyyy too hot (but this is a problem I had in the old case as well). DayZ runs it at 89° in the new case but in the old case the max DayZ would read was 84°. I want to be able to play these games and not worry about them pushing my CPU temp too high. Any solutions to this? Also, after moving into the new case, the CPU temp fluctuates. For example, it could be idling and the temp will be 55°C but then it’ll jump up by like 9-10° and slowly go back down. After switching to the new case I have 3 extra fans for cooling but they seem to have no impact on the CPU temp whatsoever. I’ve also bought a new tube of Thermal Grizzly thermal paste but I have not applied it yet. I’ve read that this should help fix the issue but I’m looking at other options as well. (SIDE NOTE Both of my brothers have this same processor with the stock cooler and do not have this issue. We all play the same games and one has the same case as me yet I’m the only one with this issue.)All suggestions welcome & thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me with this!

Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor (Stock cooler)
ASUS Prime B-450 Plus motherboard
MSI Radeon Rx 580 Graphics Card
(If more info needed please ask I just provided these three cause I didn’t know if more was needed.)
Case:
Bgears B-Voguish

Last edited:
Hello all, I’m having trouble figuring out an issue I’m having with my CPU.. I recently moved my hardware into a new case and since moving it over I’ve noticed an increase in CPU temp while idling and during gaming. My CPU temp used to idle at about 43°C but after moving it into my new case it now idles at around 55°-60°C. Running games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Escape From Tarkov push my CPU temp up to about 94°C which is wayyyy too hot (but this is a problem I had in the old case as well). DayZ runs it at 89° in the new case but in the old case the max DayZ would read was 84°. I want to be able to play these games and not worry about them pushing my CPU temp too high. Any solutions to this? Also, after moving into the new case, the CPU temp fluctuates. For example, it could be idling and the temp will be 55°C but then it’ll jump up by like 9-10° and slowly go back down. After switching to the new case I have 3 extra fans for cooling but they seem to have no impact on the CPU temp whatsoever. I’ve also bought a new tube of Thermal Grizzly thermal paste but I have not applied it yet. I’ve read that this should help fix the issue but I’m looking at other options as well. (SIDE NOTE Both of my brothers have this same processor with the stock cooler and do not have this issue. We all play the same games and one has the same case as me yet I’m the only one with this issue.)All suggestions welcome & thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me with this!

Hardware:
(If more info needed please ask I just provided these three cause I didn’t know if more was needed.)
Case:
Bgears B-Voguish
Did you also check voltages ? Updated BIOS ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Bgears B-Voguish
Yet another poorly designed 'form-over-function' case.
I don't see any real front air intake inside this case. It's been blocked off by the glass front panel, and the space between said panel and the case frame is so small, it may as well not be letting air in!

What was your old case?

Are you sure you mounted the stock cooler correctly? X formation: Top-left + bottom-right pins at the same time, CLICK they must! Top-right + bottom-left pins, CLICK!

We all play the same games and one has the same case as me yet I’m the only one with this issue.
Does the one have the same gpu as well?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you also check voltages ?

Hardware:
Case:
Bgears B-Voguish
To get best automatic boost out of Ryzen you need to limit temps to 62 -65c

Dec 24, 2019
I don't see any real front air intake inside this case. It's been blocked off by the glass front panel, and the space between said panel and the case frame is so small, it may as well not be letting air in!

What was your old case?

Are you sure you mounted the stock cooler correctly? X formation: Top-left + bottom-right pins at the same time, CLICK they must! Top-right + bottom-left pins, CLICK!

Does the one have the same gpu as

What was your old case?

Does the one have the same gpu as well?
I dont think he has the same gpu but I’m sure I mounted it correctly I did the x formation and heard the clicks..I’m not sure what the old case what but to be able to play I had to take the side panel off and have a fan next to it. Temps with the side panel on were about the same as they are now in my new case so taking the panel off the side helped a bit... either way I got this case hoping to solve that issue

I expect to see 10-15c. over ambient at idle.
One possibility is that in the process of moving, your cooler has become dislodged.
When you remount, take care to tighten down the cooler evenly.

You have a good looking case, but I do not see good intake airflow which is necessary to let a cooler do it's job.
What fans are installed, and in which direction do they send cooling air.
You want to prioritize intake over exhaust.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Having trouble with the quote function?

The balance - ratio of intake VS exhaust - is more important. Prioritizing intake doesn't automatically translate to better. It depends on the case layout, fan specs and the user's preferred fan speeds(if any).
View: https://imgur.com/An7EAIF

View: https://imgur.com/K4F0y6i

^What I did with my Enthoo Luxe 719 out of curiousity. 10 - freaking TEN - intakes VS a measly 3 exhaust. I likely surpassed the point of redundancy past 4 or 5 intakes.
Cpu temps during Asus Realbench changed little VS a standard chimney orientation - obviously due to just 3 exhausts. I did get a LOT more noise! XD
Sure, I could just cap that many intakes to just 20-30%, but why bother when I can just run fewer intakes and save on cable clutter too?

Positive, negative, neutral - doesn't matter all that much, dust WILL get in.
People need to stop being lazy - not referring to you specifically - and clean their cases and other hardware on a regular basis instead of 'build it - or prebuilt - and forget it', and going a year or more before things start going south.
I'm sure you've seen your share of high temps scenarios, where some folks post images of their case's interior, making you go WTF in the process...

EDIT: Due to the design and layout of the OP's case, negative pressure - rumored to be the coolest(no pun) fan setup - is the only realistic orientation for it, and yet the temps are still poor - assuming the push-pin stock cooler was mounted properly.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019
Solution is quite obvious. Upgrade stock cooler to something better.

Wraith stealth cooler bundled with your cpu is known to run rather hot.
If you do any kind of cpu overclocking, then stock cooler is inadequate and must be replaced.
I’ve been looking at other coolers... would you recommend the Wraith prism? That’s one that’s caught my eye.. and I don’t do any overclocking, but I have been looking at undervolting/underclocking.

Dec 24, 2019
I expect to see 10-15c. over ambient at idle.
One possibility is that in the process of moving, your cooler has become dislodged.
When you remount, take care to tighten down the cooler evenly.

You have a good looking case, but I do not see good intake airflow which is necessary to let a cooler do it's job.
What fans are installed, and in which direction do they send cooling air.
All case fans are the same brand, different model. I have three Up Here LED fans on the front side of my case blowing air out and two stock black Up Here fans that came with my old case above my cpu blowing air inside the PC. So some send air out and a couple send air in..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I’ve been looking at other coolers... would you recommend the Wraith prism? That’s one that’s caught my eye.. and I don’t do any overclocking, but I have been looking at undervolting/underclocking.
You shouldn't need to do any undervolting/underclocking. Ryzen 2600 is very power efficient.
Did you attempt remounting the cooler as I suggested earlier? The X formation?
Push-pin coolers are tricky to mount correctly; it's quite easy to screw up.

All case fans are the same brand, different model. I have three Up Here LED fans on the front side of my case blowing air out and two stock black Up Here fans that came with my old case above my cpu blowing air inside the PC. So some send air out and a couple send air in..
That's... a unique orientation that doesn't work at all in your situation, because the stupid design of the front panel allows next to no air in or out.
What you've unknowingly done instead is create a hot spot; trapping your cpu and gpu's waste heat inside the case instead.

Change the fan setup: front intake, rear and top exhaust. Test again.

Dec 24, 2019
You shouldn't need to do any undervolting/underclocking. Ryzen 2600 is very power efficient.
Did you attempt remounting the cooler as I suggested earlier? The X formation?
Push-pin coolers are tricky to mount correctly; it's quite easy to screw up.

That's... a unique orientation that doesn't work at all in your situation, because the stupid design of the front panel allows next to no air in or out.
What you've unknowingly done instead is create a hot spot; trapping your cpu and gpu's waste heat inside the case instead.

Change the fan setup: front intake, rear and top exhaust. Test again.
Will definitely try this, was thinking maybe I should switch up the fans anyways