How to fix headset mic not working with y-splitter?

Fernando_34

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Hi,
I recently bought this y-splitter for my HyperX Clouds II; However, the mic does not want to work. In the sound settings on Windows, the bars fill up green indicating that some sound is coming through the mic.
I discovered that it's just static that is playing through the mic, it doesn't seem to pick up my voice.

The reason I am using a y-splitter instead of the USB soundcard is because the soundcard is transmitting a radio sounds through the right side of my headset and occasionally some static, when the wire is moved a certain way.

It may simply be that this cord you got is bad. Make sure the connections are in all the way, maybe test it on another system.

If nothing works, contact the vendor to exchange or return the adapter. You may also want to check with HyperX support if you need a special adapter since there are different versions of the 4 pole plugs, some have the ground in a different location.

Fernando_34

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
It may simply be that this cord you got is bad. Make sure the connections are in all the way, maybe test it on another system.

If nothing works, contact the vendor to exchange or return the adapter. You may also want to check with HyperX support if you need a special adapter since there are different versions of the 4 pole plugs, some have the ground in a different location.

Really don't have another system to test it on, but I did make sure it was properly plugged in. I have messaged the vendor about the issue, so hopefully something gets resolved from there. If not, I'll contact HyperX like you suggested.
Thank you

Fernando_34

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
This headset is listed as having USB connection, so you should not need any splitter. Where you have connected said splitter?

I have had this headset for a little over 2 years now. The USB connection is a little messed up in the sense that radio and static comes through when i move the cable a certain way. It annoyed me, so I decided to try a splitter instead, it's also a benefit since the soundcard on my computer sounds much better than the soundcard that HyperX provides.

I have had this headset for a little over 2 years now. The USB connection is a little messed up in the sense that radio and static comes through when i move the cable a certain way. It annoyed me, so I decided to try a splitter instead, it's also a benefit since the soundcard on my computer sounds much better than the soundcard that HyperX provides.

Backup a bit here, how are you connecting this adapter to the headset? I thought the headset was just a simple one with a 3.5mm connector and you are just using it to connect to a dual jack sysstem. If the USB plug is messed up and you are using that USB connection going to some other adapter then to the 3.5mm adapter, it's not odd that you have issues.