[SOLVED] How to fix microphone sound in windows 10

Mar 14, 2021
I have a problem with my microphone on windows 10. My pc doesn't get any sound from my microphone when I talk. I use my headset without the extra microhpone where you talk into. I just use the main cable with the microphone build in the cable (you see a on/off button and the volume). I put the main cable in the splitters. The headphones are working fine but my microphone doesn't. When i put my main cable in the microhpone port the microhpone doesn't work either. I use Logitech G433. If you think that's the problem, no it isn't. I bought a new gaming headset for 60$ and tried everything, the microphone doesn't work either. So it is a problem in the pc that can be fixed. And also i used the same headset G433 1 year ago with the same pc without the extra microphone and it was working. I also tried buying 2 new splitters and the microphone just doesn't work. 3 reaons why it is not the headset problem but it is a pc problem. I updated all drivers and installed new drivers from realtek website but no positive result. I also tried putting the cables behind my pc. What do I need to do? Install something? I really need your help, if need more information to know what my problem is you can dm me from discord apogamer0123#8017. I really need your help, I can't enjoy playing games anymore, I can't talk to my friends, I can't talk in online class. Thank you very much! EDIT: The microhpone built in my webcam works...

Last edited:
Solution
About all I can think of for the moment is the physical TRS configuration.

Reference:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

In other words some mismatch in the physical connectivity: headset/microphone, splitters, adapters, host ports, internal audio cables, etc..

Possibly some change in the standard being used or perhaps an incorrect pinout within plugs and ports.

The way to go about it all is to try other known working headset/microphone combinations via various ports on your computer and likewise on other known working computers.

Objective being to explicitly identify what works and what does not work.

Especially with respect to microphone connectivity.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Carefully inspect all audio plugs and ports for signs of damage and (for ports) debris inside that may be blocking connectivity.

Look in Reliability History and Event viewer for any audio related error codes, warnings, or informational events.

Try running Window's built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, right-click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should appear with 4 or 5 choices. Each choice leads to a number of audio related windows, tabs, and properties.

Work through all of them to determine what microphone connection/port Windows is configured to use.

Check all the settings/properties for that audio port.

Do not immediately change anything - just look and keep notes on what you find. Then change (only one thing at a time) configuration settings that are not as expected.

Mar 14, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Carefully inspect all audio plugs and ports for signs of damage and (for ports) debris inside that may be blocking connectivity.

Look in Reliability History and Event viewer for any audio related error codes, warnings, or informational events.

Try running Window's built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, right-click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should appear with 4 or 5 choices. Each choice leads to a number of audio related windows, tabs, and properties.

Work through all of them to determine what microphone connection/port Windows is configured to use.

Check all the settings/properties for that audio port.

Do not immediately change anything - just look and keep notes on what you find. Then change (only one thing at a time) configuration settings that are not as expected.
I did everything and nothing changed, do you have other advice? thank you very much

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Go to "Settings", then to "Privacy" (or simply type Privacy in the search bar) then go to "Microphone" in the left menu.

There, make sure that "Allow apps to access your microphone" and "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" are both turned on. That should do it.

Mar 14, 2021
Yes.

Per @GrandSACHI check the privacy settings.

Be sure to check what specific applications are being allowed to use the microphone.

"WIN"+"I" > Privacy > Microphone > "Choose which apps.... "

Also check audio/sound settings using

"WIN" + "I" > System > Sound
Hello

I already did that. There is a specific sproblem inside my pc. Do you have any other advice? Thank you very much!

Ralston18

Titan
About all I can think of for the moment is the physical TRS configuration.

Reference:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

In other words some mismatch in the physical connectivity: headset/microphone, splitters, adapters, host ports, internal audio cables, etc..

Possibly some change in the standard being used or perhaps an incorrect pinout within plugs and ports.

The way to go about it all is to try other known working headset/microphone combinations via various ports on your computer and likewise on other known working computers.

Objective being to explicitly identify what works and what does not work.

Especially with respect to microphone connectivity.

Solution