[SOLVED] How to Fix Smart Failure Predicted on Hard Disk?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hello,
Recently after getting a new case I decided to use an old HDD as an extra drive, 500gb, which I have been using as an external one. It works completely fine, and I put it in, and the error screen comes up with the text: Smart failure predicted on hard disk drive, or close enough. I skipped the f1 error through bios and it works completely fine in windows after assigning a drive letter to it, however it always comes up with the error and goes away after 5 seconds, so it is quite annoying. Is there any fixes so it is 'not predicted'? Because the drive works very well. It is a laptop HDD fyi, Samsung hj500 if i remember correctly. Thanks!

Solution
thats a warning to not use hdd and get another one

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs),[1] and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report various indicators of drive reliability with the intent of anticipating imminent hardware failures.

the hdd is telling you its going to fail. I would take its word for it, and not ignore errors.

Colif

Win 11 Master
thats a warning to not use hdd and get another one

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs),[1] and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report various indicators of drive reliability with the intent of anticipating imminent hardware failures.

the hdd is telling you its going to fail. I would take its word for it, and not ignore errors.

Solution