Question How to fix the RGB on Corsair LL120 fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickycary23

Commendable
Apr 28, 2018
I've been dealing with this problem for about a year now, but I have 6 LL120 fans and only 3 of them are lighting up (the fourth one has only one LED lighting up). I've read other forums with people having the same issues and have either not found solutions to this problem, or their solutions did not work for me, so I'm going to try and list out everything I've done to narrow down what I need to do to fix the problem.

1. I rearranged the fans to make sure that it wasn't any fan in particular that was the issue. I swapped fans 1-3 (working fans) with 4-6 (not working) on the lighting node and this made fans 4-6 light up, so the fans themselves are not the issue.

2. I bought a new rgb hub and replaced the old one. This did not resolve the issue.

3. I updated corsair link 4 as well as downloaded iCUE and updated the firmware on some of my corsair parts (RAM, cooler, case) and still could not get the fans to light up.

4. I went to services>corsair services>properties>clicked stop>changed Startup type from Automatic to Manual>clicked apply. This did not work (this was the solution on another forum. I don't even know what this did tbh).

I think I have the lighting node pro? I'm not sure because in order to change the lights on my fans I have to go through my case in the settings. I'm using the lighting node that came with my spec omega rgb case, but I have not updated the firmware for it because I don't know how. The "lighting node pro" does not show up in any of my softwares for me to update the firmware.

I'm desperate here. These fans are not cheap and it doesn't even seem like buying new ones would fix the problem. My only other option is to speak to customer service with corsair which I feel won't accomplish anything because corsair "people" replied to some of the forums I read regarding this issue and did not provide any solutions, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Update

So I tried tinkering with it by switching the fans around again (switching 1-3 and 4-6) and this time fans 1-3 went dark as well and then 4-6 remained unchanged (4th fan still had the one LED lit up). When I switched it back, fans 1-3 lit up again.

Update

Final update. I replaced my lighting node, the cable that connects my rgb hub to the lighting node, and the usb cable that connects the lighting node to the mobo. I'm convinced that there's just nothing I can do to fix this, so now I'm going to try the customer service route to either get a solution straight from the horse's mouth or replacement fans (I doubt they'll give me new ones tbh).

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I think the issue with your system is that the node themselves are faulty or have passed through a faulty QC. Ofc, you might want to shoot us a picture of how the node(s) and fans are tethered to each other and the motherboard.

Often times, a cable or two might've gone awry.

Make and model of your PSU? Last I checked the node's need an external power source from the PSU(via a SATA connector).

FYI, yes your case came with the lighting node pro and this is how you should install it(14 and 120, should be the same).

Last edited:

rickycary23

Commendable
Apr 28, 2018
I think the issue with your system is that the node themselves are faulty or have passed through a faulty QC. Ofc, you might want to shoot us a picture of how the node(s) and fans are tethered to each other and the motherboard.

Often times, a cable or two might've gone awry.

Make and model of your PSU? Last I checked the node's need an external power source from the PSU(via a SATA connector).

FYI, yes your case came with the lighting node pro and this is how you should install it(14 and 120, should be the same).

Hello, so first off, what do you mean by QC? As far as how everything is set up, the fans are all connected just as in the video you linked me. They were working fine for like a year, then about a year ago half of them stopped working. My PSU is an EVGA Supernova G2 (1000W, Gold standard, and fully modular). I do have the rgb hub connected through a SATA connector. Also I tried switching the channel they're connected through on the lighting node (so originally the spec omega is channel 1 and the fans are channel 2), and when I did that the spec omega went dark and only two fans lit up which leads me to think that the lighting node is the problem? Also I don't have the "lighting node pro" as a device in iCUE. In order to adjust the rgb of the fans I have to click on the spec omega as a device and change the settings of channel 2, so I cannot update the firmware of the node itself. Probably cause it's a "spec omega" lighting node pro and not a regular lighting node pro (it literally says "spec omega" on the physical node).

Jan 9, 2021
I fixed my Lightning Node Pro.

So I'm not sure whether your issue was resolved or not, so I'm just posting this here in case it helps you or others....

My Lightning Node Pro was not detected. I wrote to Corsair and they sent me these instructions:

1: Unplug the LNP from SATA power
2: Unplug the USB connector
3: Locate the pinhole on the front of the device and use a solid object like the tip of a paper clip to push down the button
4: While holding down the button, plug in the USB
5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.
6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.
7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in its name to the CRP_Disabled drive.
8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug the USB connector for the LNP then plug it back in.

Below is the firmware.bin they sent me.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00053547065607957618

Jun 7, 2021
I fixed my Lightning Node Pro.

So I'm not sure whether your issue was resolved or not, so I'm just posting this here in case it helps you or others....

My Lightning Node Pro was not detected. I wrote to Corsair and they sent me these instructions:

1: Unplug the LNP from SATA power
2: Unplug the USB connector
3: Locate the pinhole on the front of the device and use a solid object like the tip of a paper clip to push down the button
4: While holding down the button, plug in the USB
5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.
6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.
7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in its name to the CRP_Disabled drive.
8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug the USB connector for the LNP then plug it back in.

Below is the firmware.bin they sent me.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00053547065607957618

Hello! Can you please share your file again? This link doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

Jun 7, 2021
Here you go! Good luck.
Thanks! Still not work for my Node. I'm so tired about this product. Spend few days just for fan controller, ridiculous.
I've created support ticket few days ago and still waiting for response from Corsair.
2021, USB Device, 1.7GB software to control fans and its not working.....

Status
Not open for further replies.