how to get around DNS problem

In our company, dynamic DNS is not available. The IT office will not permit
more than one AD domain. I had to abandon using Windows Server 2003 in our
computer lab because workstations were losing contact with the server and
user logins were taking up to 5 minutes.

I would like to try it again. Is there some way to work around the lack of
dynamic DNS? Host files? WINS?

please disregard--posted to the wrong group accidentally