Question How to identify a damaged cpu?

Apr 6, 2022
I was building a system for my father, and after 2 days of trying to debug why the system wasn't posting and eventually taking it entirely apart found a single bent pin on the motherboard, which is what I assume kept the system from posting.

What I'd like to verify is that my cpu (i7 12700k) is not damaged. To my eye it looks alright, but I don't have a way to test the cpu until I find a replacement motherboard. I'm also wondering if it's realistic that a single bent pin would prevent a system from posting?
I've attached some pics with the CPU and the motherboard.

Looks fine to me, unless you see obvious scorching its hard to tell without trying.
Its absolutely possible, and very common for a single pin to prevent booting.

Do you still have said board in your possession? Its a bit tricky but fairly doable to straighten out a bent pin if you work slowly. Since its on the edge youll have an easier time, even if its just to test the system.

Apr 6, 2022
Looks fine to me, unless you see obvious scorching its hard to tell without trying.
Its absolutely possible, and very common for a single pin to prevent booting.

Do you still have said board in your possession? Its a bit tricky but fairly doable to straighten out a bent pin if you work slowly. Since its on the edge youll have an easier time, even if its just to test the system.

I actually just exchanged the motherboard for a replacement earlier today, and was planning on putting it back together tonight.