How to Install games on second hard drive?

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
I just installed a brand new Seagate 1TB hard drive. It shows up in the BIOS and Windows storage management but not under This PC. I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit and This PC is the equivalent to Control Panel. My hard drive doesn't show up under This PC and when I try to install games on it there's no sign of the HDD. I ran out of space on my 1TB Hitachi HDD which is where I have my OS installed on and the majority of my games. How do I enable my Seagate hard drive so I can install games on it?

Solution
"The long box with the 931.39 GB Unallocated when I right click it I get the options New Simple Volume"

New Simple Volume is what you want.

USAFRet

Titan

Disk Management
Initialize
Format, and give it a drive letter

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
In Disk Management when I right click on the hard drive I only have the options to Convert to Basic Disk or Convert to MBR Disk but I don't see any options for initialize or format. I apologize for my lack of knowledge, this is the first time I've ever installed a second hard drive and tried to use it.

USAFRet

Titan

Then "Convert to basic disk" is what you need.

USAFRet

Titan

OK.
So we're interacting with Disk 0, the 1TB.
Right click on that space in the bottom portion.
What options does it give you?

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
The long box with the 931.39 GB Unallocated when I right click it I get the options New Simple Volume, New Spanned Volume, New Stripped Volume, Help, and Properties. New Spanned Volume and New Stripped Volume are greyed out though so I can't select either of those. I just noticed that you meant the bottom portion of the top box, my bad. I have the options to Change Drive Letter and Paths, Format, Shrink Volume, and Delete Volume.