[SOLVED] How to install nvme m.2 SSD Pcie 3.0 on B550 Aorus Pro AC

Nidhalof

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

I've recently bought an ADATA XPG SX800 pro 512 GB m.2 Pcie 3.0 SSD drive, and i have a b550 Aourus Pro AC motherboard, i would like to know if i need any bios configuration done before installing windows 10 on this drive
Also notcing that i currently have 1 SSD SATA and 2 X HDD Sata Connected to my motherboard, shall i remove them before installing the m.2 drive ? please help !

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

I've recently bought an ADATA XPG SX800 pro 512 GB m.2 Pcie 3.0 SSD drive, and i have a b550 Aourus Pro AC motherboard, i would like to know if i need any bios configuration done before installing windows 10 on this drive
Also notcing that i currently have 1 SSD SATA and 2 X HDD Sata Connected to my motherboard, shall i remove them before installing the m.2 drive ? please help !

Thanks
You shouldn't need to change anything in the BIOS.
Power down and remove all the other drives....then install the M2 drive.
Then proceed to install Windows the M2 drive.
Then power down and add your other drives.
Hi,

Thanks

Reactions: Nidhalof
Solution

Nidhalof

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
Thank you so i should remove all connected drives before installing windows on m.2 drive and then bring them back
i have a lot of data on my drives shall i get them after that without formatting the drives ?

Thank you so i should remove all connected drives before installing windows on m.2 drive and then bring them back
i have a lot of data on my drives shall i get them after that without formatting the drives ?
The data will all be there.

Another thing to be aware of is...sometimes when you are using an M2 style drive...SATA ports get disabled.....usually two....and it will tell you which ones in your MB manual.

So when you go to add your other three drives. Don't add them to a port that gets disabled.

USAFRet

Titan
before installing windows 10 on this drive

You're welcome.

...and I'm not seeing SATA ports disabled when you use the M2 slot but I am seeing this.

(Note) The M2B_SB connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. The PCIEX4 slot will become unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2B_SB connector.

....and this

* The PCIEX2 slot shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4, 5 connectors. The PCIEX2
slot will become unavailable when a device is installed in the SATA3 4 or SATA3 5
connector.

Here how my current boot configuration is, shall i change something in settings or all set for installing the new drive ( not plugged yet in the pcie slot )
https://ibb.co/3YWdYqm
That is going to change after you power down and remove the drives and add the M2.

When you power back up....you probably will just see the M2 drive and whatever media device you are installing Windows from.

Then....say you are installing from a USB stick....you want to put that at the top of the boot order and then SAVE the BIOS and exit and Windows should start installing.