Question How to install RGB fan on Aorus Z390 Elite????

Jimd0586

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
Hello all.

I purchased a refurbished Aorus Z390 Mobo and RGB 120mm fan that I believe is 5V. The mobo is working and the fan is installed and moving air. But the fan lights aren't working. I have RBG Fusion 2.0 installed and the Mobo colors are changing. I did connect the RGB fan to the RGB header but because the Mobo was purchased refurbished I am wondering if I needed to do something manually to the Mobo to activate the LEDs? I did find the manual online and the LED section talks about a jumper... ? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are many models of Aorus Z390. Which one is yours?

Look closely at the cable from the fan that is supposed to go to a mobo RGB header. Does iyt have FOUR holes in int, or THREE holse (loiks like is had 4, but one i plugged)? Whichever it has, you can ONLY plug that into a mobo header with the SAME pattern of three or four pins! If you plug a 3-hole connector onto a mobo 4-pin header, you may just burn out the light system.

Jimd0586

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
There are many models of Aorus Z390. Which one is yours?

Look closely at the cable from the fan that is supposed to go to a mobo RGB header. Does iyt have FOUR holes in int, or THREE holse (loiks like is had 4, but one i plugged)? Whichever it has, you can ONLY plug that into a mobo header with the SAME pattern of three or four pins! If you plug a 3-hole connector onto a mobo 4-pin header, you may just burn out the light system.

This is embarrassing, but I only plugged in the fan and not the RGB plug…. I did so and not it lights up brilliantly! Thanks! 😀