Question How to install Windows 7 on a 970 Evo NVMe SSD ?

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
hello 2 days ago i bought Dell Optiplex 9020, and i have watched some videos and managed to modify the bios and add nvme driver in to it and i made it boot windows 10 off 970 nvme ssd using an adapter. today i felt the need to go even deeper and i want to install windows 7 on that same pc using the same NVMe SSD. Windows 7 does not have native support for NVMe. so this is where im stuck.

I would like somebody to help me figure out how to do it since the pc can't even see the SSD, it is not listed on the Windows 7 install screen.

thanks

EDIT:

I want to make maybe a dual boot on this NVMe SSD as well (Windows 10/Windows 7).
Would that be possible?

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
see how you can add the nvme driver into the windows 7 installation ISO - https://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/clone-resource/how-to-install-windows-7-on-nvme-ssd.html#add

that same guide also tell you about 2 other ways of doing it.

and yes, dual booting is possible of windows 10 and 7, in fact I've multibooted win 11, 10, 8.1 & 7 in the same drive (although it was a harddrive). the same should be possible in the nvme too, assuming you know how to dual boot. a Google search of how to dual boot will give you a good guide on how to do so if you're not sure

good luck!

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
see how you can add the nvme driver into the windows 7 installation ISO - https://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/clone-resource/how-to-install-windows-7-on-nvme-ssd.html#add

that same guide also tell you about 2 other ways of doing it.

and yes, dual booting is possible of windows 10 and 7, in fact I've multibooted win 11, 10, 8.1 & 7 in the same drive (although it was a harddrive). the same should be possible in the nvme too, assuming you know how to dual boot. a Google search of how to dual boot will give you a good guide on how to do so if you're not sure

good luck!
It didnt work for me

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
Not that important, I guess.
i mean as i said i modified this optiplex and i wanted to expiriment with 7 on nvme but i failed 3 times trying to follow the guide from @zinkles and i do want to use it actually on nvme but i already putted windows 10 on it and i dont want to format it, maybe i can use another nvme for testing. but the way of putting it on diffrent disk and cloning didnt work.. i used disk genious with samsung driver and it failed

Mar 12, 2024
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of installing Windows 7 on a 970 Evo NVMe SSD. Windows 7, though an older operating system, is still preferred by some users for its familiarity and compatibility with certain software. The 970 Evo NVMe SSD, known for its high-speed performance, offers a significant upgrade in terms of storage and speed. By combining the two, you can revitalize your system with improved performance and efficiency.

Visit here for exams:
https://www.dumpscafe.com/