[SOLVED] How to install windows???

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
I recently built a pc, but when I tried to install windows with a usb drive nothing happend. I put the usb in my mobo, there was only a black screen with beeping cursor. After a while I saw the windows logo appear for a splitsecond and then it disappeared. I also changed bios settings so that my usb drive would be the priority boot drive. But that didnt change a thing. The usb flash drive works perfectly and its not damaged.
I have a msi 770-c45 mobo, amd phenom ii x4 970 cpu and gtx 650 2gb ddr5 gpu

Solution
II tried to install windows with a usb drive nothing happend. I put the usb in my mobo, there was only a black screen with beeping cursor.
Your windows installation has to be compatible with legacy boot.
If you created installation for UEFI boot, then you won't be able to boot it on your computer.
Your system doesn't support UEFI.

Recreate windows installation for legacy boot.
Use rufus, use settings MBR/NFTS.

How-to-use-Rufus-to-install-Windows-10.png

Girl_Downunder

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
Be sure to set to Legacy, if you have it in your BIOS. Also, you may "think" your drive is okay, but the image might not be. Try re-downloading it (a pain, I know), and use something else to make the image. To test it, unplug your HDD/SSD and see if it boots up.

You can also try Boot Chooser or similar to force booting to a specific drive/device.

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
Be sure to set to Legacy, if you have it in your BIOS. Also, you may "think" your drive is okay, but the image might not be. Try re-downloading it (a pain, I know), and use something else to make the image. To test it, unplug your HDD/SSD and see if it boots up.

You can also try Boot Chooser or similar to force booting to a specific drive/device.
Wdym with legacy? I already re-downloaded windows 10 using my old windows 7 laptop with ddr2 4gb ram. That was an absolute pain. It took an hour to download. I already tested it and unplugged my ssd but nothing changed.

II tried to install windows with a usb drive nothing happend. I put the usb in my mobo, there was only a black screen with beeping cursor.
If you created installation for UEFI boot, then you won't be able to boot it on your computer.

Solution

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022

How do I recreate windows installation for legacy boot?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You need to use Rufus to put the ISO (that you make with media creation tool first) on the USB flash drive and make it bootable so that you can boot the system with it and install Windows.

Rufus does that. Once you have made the ISO just follow the steps SKyNetRising posted in that shot in post #4.

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022

My rufus doesnt show image option but thw rest I copied, will it work?