Info How to make my monitor turn on faster - Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2024
This is a solution to this closed thread.

i have an acer monitor, and when i hit the power button, it takes around 6 seconds to turn on. its kinda annoying to have to wait for the monitor to start so slow. how can i make it start faster? i know its working a split second after i turn it on because it says "acer" and then "energy star" and plays this stupid little animation that takes like 3 seconds to finish.

update: i actually timed it it takes 11 seconds...

yeah its not any faster. anyway thanks guys i guess in 10 years the problem will be fixed

Indeed 10 years later the problem is fixed:

On my old 2016 Acer G257HU monitor I can bypass the Energy Star logo with the following button combination:

1. hold down the left-most button (on my model it's the button for the "Empowering Technology" on-screen menu)
2. while still holding down that button press the power button to turn you monitor on

Normal Turn-On time: 11s
Bypassing Energy Star: <2s

Downside: you have to use both hands to turn your monitor on

I'm pretty sure this (or a similar button-combination) will work with other Acer models or energy-star certified monitors in general (from other brands) too.

Hey,

I've got a 120 Hz Acer and since day one has been doing the same thing as you describe. Even reviewers on YouTube have shown videos how long it takes for it to "light up". It's a flaw in their design, unfortunately not much we can do.

I remember very old (>20 years) Energy Star monitors having the same design flaw. I think it's to advertise the Energy Star certificate. Ironically, as a certificate dedicated to save power, they are causing people to stop turning off the monitor at all because it just takes too long to turn it on again.

Solution delivered on time to the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.