BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Hello everyone, decided to build a new PC and carry over some components from the old one

Based on $$ to performance this is what I've come up with. Is there anything I can do different to make it better without it costing a lot more money? Plan is to game in comfortably 2k 144FPS + and 4K 60hz

Approximate Purchase Date: Next week

Budget Range: 1700 Euros

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming and surfing the internet

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: All components except PSU and SSD/M2
Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: bionic.com.cy , custompc.com.cy

Parts Preferences: AMD for CPU, Nvidia for GPU

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 2k and 4k

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Passing down old Ryzen 3600 and 1080ti to my partner, want new gen gaming setup and future proofing.

NEW:
Motherboard
: PRIME B650M-A II - 185 Euros
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 - 275 Euros
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB 6000MHz CL36 (this is the lowest timing I can get for the country I'm in) - 135 Euros
GPU: MSI Ventus 3x 4070ti OR Zotac Trinity 4070ti - ~1000 Euros

Case: Corsair Airflow 4000D - 100 Euros
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i iCue Link - 150 Euros
Case Fans: Corsair iCue Link QX120s - 70 Euros

Parts carried over:
SSD:
M2 SSD and Sandisk 1TB SATA SSD - 2 years old
PSU: Corsair RMx 850 (2021) - 135 Euros - Purchased last week

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I can get for the country I'm in
You might want to pass on a PCPartPicker list for your build for us to some semblance/context to your build per location. In fact we ask users to stylize their post like this thread;
+ stipulate what you're carrying over from your older build.

If you want to migrate the PSU(since the RMx series has been around for quite a while) please state the age of the unit. Same goes for the age of the other parts you want to recycle.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I can get for the country I'm in
You might want to pass on a PCPartPicker list for your build for us to some semblance/context to your build per location. In fact we ask users to stylize their post like this thread;
+ stipulate what you're carrying over from your older build.

If you want to migrate the PSU(since the RMx series has been around for quite a while) please state the age of the unit. Same goes for the age of the other parts you want to recycle.
Thanks, I've edited the post to hopefully meet the criteria

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
I'd spend less on the AIO and fans, more on the CPU. If you just go with cheap placeholder fans (or only the ones that come with the case) for now can you manage a 7800X3D? A mid range tower HSF will be fine on it ($50) and you'll have much better real world performance.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I'd spend less on the AIO and fans, more on the CPU. If you just go with cheap placeholder fans (or only the ones that come with the case) for now can you manage a 7800X3D? A mid range tower HSF will be fine on it ($50) and you'll have much better real world performance.
Thanks for your feedback!

Prices in this country are pretty inflated so even a cheap case would be maybe 20 euros less.

The 7800x3d is roughly double the cost of the 7600, would you say it's worth it? Considering it'll be paired with a 4070 ti?

Also, I've never been as confused by motherboards as I have with the B650 chipset. Coil whine, issues with overvolting etc. What do you think of the mobo? as this generation has become extremely confusing for me

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Thanks for your feedback!

Prices in this country are pretty inflated so even a cheap case would be maybe 20 euros less.

The 7800x3d is roughly double the cost of the 7600, would you say it's worth it? Considering it'll be paired with a 4070 ti?

Also, I've never been as confused by motherboards as I have with the B650 chipset. Coil whine, issues with overvolting etc. What do you think of the mobo? as this generation has become extremely confusing for me
Yes, the 7800X3D is absolutely worth it over the 7600 if you can fit it in budget; it's the best gaming CPU currently available , for most people. If you do go with the 7800X3D you won't be concerned with overvolting . Counterintuitive as it initially is, the best way to get more performance out of it is to undervolt as low as you can so the chip runs cooler and stays at max boost longer. The extra cache can't take more voltage so more traditional overclocking is off the table. This may seem like a bad thing, but the X3D is so much faster that it doesn't matter.

I'm also not suggesting you spend less on the case, the 4000D is fine, there's just no need to spend another 220 Euros on fans and AIO, especially when a good quality tower cooler will work just as well and have fewer points of failure.

Something like the Thermalright Peerless Assassin would work, and here at least they're like $35-40 depending on color variant and such.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
parts to swap:

4070with 12gb wont to 4k that great.

GPU - 826 - https://www.custompc.com.cy/compone...e-pulse-radeon-rx-7900-xt-20g-20480-mb-gddr6/

Mobo - 205 - https://www.custompc.com.cy/compone...hawk-wifi-amd-b650-mainboard-sockel-am5-ddr5/

CPU - 220 - https://www.custompc.com.cy/compone...s/amd-ryzen-5-7600-5-2-ghz-raphael-am5-boxed/

or the 7800X3D with the saved cash.

365 - https://www.custompc.com.cy/compone...md-ryzen-7-7800x3d-5-0-ghz-raphael-am5-boxed/
Thanks Lucky,

12GB VRAM has been a concern for me especially when considering 4K gaming ocassionally.

Biggest worry I had was the optimisation and driver issues that AMD faces with the GPUs

Keeping in mind the prices you listed above are ex.VAT, I would have to pay VAT on this so they do change a fair bit. Would you still keep those parts considering + VAT?