How to oc E2160 with **** mob

eekam

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Hello,
I have searched many forums, but still i havent found a good tutorial for a newbie.
So i need something where to start.
I need to know which programs do i have to use during this process.
In BIOS i cant change CPU Frequency, and i've tried some other programs (cpucool etc).
My CPU-Z indicators are:
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Sry for bad english

eekam

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

edit:
http://www.upload.ee/files/19064/ram.gif <-- ram

Mondoman

Splendid
Tere! Your CPU is a good model for overclocking, but your motherboard is not such a good model for overclocking. To start, the best bet is to "trick" the motherboard into running the CPU at a 1066MHz FSB instead of its normal 800MHz FSB; this will give CPU core clock of 2.4GHz instead of the stock 1.8GHz. The exact settings depend on what your BIOS will allow -- can you upload screen shots (or photos) of the different BIOS settings screens?

PS - Your English is good, it's my Estonian that's bad!

eekam

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I got help from oc.net, and i got so far:
They recommended me BSEL mod (800 to 1066MHz). Im looking for another option besides that.

CPU Frequency control in my bios is locked, i've tried enabling/disabling almost everything there. No results.
With CPU Cool ... my mb not listed.
It's nice of you to learn Estonian (Y)

Mondoman

Splendid
To OC your CPU, you need to either change the FSB/CPU core clock in the BIOS, or fool the motherboard into doing so by making a physical change (using the BSEL mod). Since your BIOS doesn't allow changes, it seems like the BSEL is the only choice. Given your CPU model, I would expect the BSEL mod to work well at the relatively modest OC to 1066FSB.
Alternatively, you could swap out the MB for a better one with more OC options.

Good luck!