[SOLVED] How to overclock ASUS ROG STRIX 1050 Ti

Solution
Then that's about as high as the card will go, OC or not. It's silicon lottery, the low end cards don't get the uber perfect silicon chips like the really high end cards because they are cheaper and don't need the performance as it makes such little difference in %.

You can manually change some settings, you do not have to leave them on stock canned presets like low or medium. You can change viewing distance, AA, physX, grass detail, multiple items you'd not notice a difference, but the cpu/gpu will.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3-5% better results generally ends up being 2-6fps. Unless your monitor can handle higher fps, it's wasted energy. 105fps or 100fps makes no difference to a 60Hz 1080p monitor. Just stresses the card more.

Overclock if you wish to, but generally it's not worth the extra power draw, extra heat, probable instability. Nvidia Gpu Boost already puts the cards to max depending on temps, so that's why OC has such little affect.

Reactions: Muhteşem Timsah
Oct 27, 2020
You can use a app like MSI Afterburner, which has a tool to figure out what's a safe overclocking value to set.

Note that Pascal GPUs overclock themselves basically near their limit to begin with. You'll probably end up with maybe 3-5% better results.
I noticed that Pascal GPUs overclock themselves on the benchmark. Thanks for the information.

3-5% better results generally ends up being 2-6fps. Unless your monitor can handle higher fps, it's wasted energy. 105fps or 100fps makes no difference to a 60Hz 1080p monitor. Just stresses the card more.

Overclock if you wish to, but generally it's not worth the extra power draw, extra heat, probable instability. Nvidia Gpu Boost already puts the cards to max depending on temps, so that's why OC has such little affect.
I want to play Call of Duty Warzone with the maximum performance with my graphics card can give. I have 75 Hz monitor and currently I can see 50-60 FPS in the game. The following settings gives me 6-8 FPS more but when I set memory clock to 7600 MHz, graphics card stop working. By the way temperature is normal(max. 66C) when overclocked.

Current settings:

• GPU Boost Clock 1594 MHz (+101)
  • Memory Clock 7484 MHz (+476)
  • Power Target 110%(+10)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Then that's about as high as the card will go, OC or not. It's silicon lottery, the low end cards don't get the uber perfect silicon chips like the really high end cards because they are cheaper and don't need the performance as it makes such little difference in %.

You can manually change some settings, you do not have to leave them on stock canned presets like low or medium. You can change viewing distance, AA, physX, grass detail, multiple items you'd not notice a difference, but the cpu/gpu will.

Solution