[SOLVED] How to remove gpu?

Feb 25, 2021
i cant figure out how to remove the gpu, i want to clean my pc but the gpu is blocking everything. it is an aegis 3 with gtx 1070. Picture

Solution
are you talking about the lever near the top middle? i tried pushing it up but it doesnt move

It should move, that's holding it in place. The thing that looks like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The graphics card wouldn't have been able to be physically installed if this couldn't move. Keep at it until it unlocks, don't be too forceful though.
Well first, you see on the top-right that slot your GPU is plugged into? There is a small lever on the left side of that, push it up to unhinge your graphics card's interface from that slot. Then you will have to look how to unlock that card from that unit. This isn't a normal setup so I'm guessing here, it looks like there's a latch on the left side that may be holding your card in place, if not try looking around to whatever is physically holding the card in place.

The only thing I needed to let you know was that interface connection, if you tried yanking it out without pushing that lever down you could've damaged that slot.

Feb 25, 2021
Well first, you see on the top-right that slot your GPU is plugged into? There is a small lever on the left side of that, push it up to unhinge your graphics card's interface from that slot. Then you will have to look how to unlock that card from that unit. This isn't a normal setup so I'm guessing here, it looks like there's a latch on the left side that may be holding your card in place, if not try looking around to whatever is physically holding the card in place.

The only thing I needed to let you know was that interface connection, if you tried yanking it out without pushing that lever down you could've damaged that slot.

are you talking about the lever near the top middle? i tried pushing it up but it doesnt move

Did you remove the screws that are holding in the video card to the computer? You may need to push down on the release lever while pulling up a bit on the video card. And from the picture you still have the power connected to it, unplug that first. And make sure PC is unplugged from the wall.

Feb 25, 2021
okay so ive managed to remove my gpu and cleaned my pc thanks to the help of you guys :D but when i put it back in, im getting a code 45 error in device manager and my pc isnt detecting my gpu anymore, do you guys know anything i can do to fix it?
sorry im new so i dont know if i should be replying to this thread or making a new one..

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Also check on your mono during boot. A lot of mobos come with ez debug leds that can help you diagnose a problem. See if the gpu one comes on and stays on. (You'll have to do some research as to how this works with an iGPU.) It may actually be best if you try this to completely disable your iGPU until you are done testing.