Question How to Run Integrated and Dedicated Graphics Simultaneously with ASRocks Bios

abramesd

Honorable
Aug 15, 2019
In the Sticky Thread "Motherboards, Tutorials and How To's" there is a thread titled "How to Run Integrated and Dedicated Graphics Simultaneously with ASRocks Bios" but when I click on the link I get an "oops" page telling me the thread cannot be found.
Does anyone have a link to this thread?
I have been attempting to get my Integrated and Dedicated Graphics to work at the same time but I have not been successful.
1. I set my Graphic Display in Bios to "Integrated"
2. I have searched Google and the ASRock Forum for an answer and tried the various suggestions without success
The symptom I am getting is if I have a Monitor plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard and I plug another monitor into the Dedicated Graphics Card, the "Integrated" connected monitor goes blank and there is no display on the "Dedicated" connected monitor. Both monitors indicate there is no signal coming from either port. If I start off with a monitor plugged into the "Dedicated" port first and then connect a monitor to the "Integrated" port, there is no signal on the "Integrated" port and most of the time the monitor on the "Dedicated" port continues to work.
This is my configuration from CPUID (v2.09.0.x64)

Motherboard: ASRock X670e Taichi Carrara
BIOS: AMD 2.10 AGESA ComboAMSPI 1.1.0.3
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Memory: DDR5 192 GB (4 X 48 GB DIMMs)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

I know the "Integrated" Graphics port is working as that is the port I used when I was building and configuring this PC.

Thank you
David

Solution
IGPU configuration - set it to enabled.
When in auto mode, iGPU gets disabled with discrete graphics card installed.
I do not have an option for "Enabled" for the IGPU Configuration. My choices are "Auto", "UMA_SPECIFIED", "UMA_AUTO", and "UMA_GAMES_OPTIMIZED". Since I was in here I decided to try "UMA_AUTO" and that fixed the issue.

So now I have 5 monitors connected and working on my PC.

Thank you very much for your help. I have no idea what UMA means so I'll have to go research that but this is exactly what I wanted.

View: https://imgur.com/a/dYmlFS2

abramesd

Honorable
Aug 15, 2019
IGPU configuration - set it to enabled.
When in auto mode, iGPU gets disabled with discrete graphics card installed.
I do not have an option for "Enabled" for the IGPU Configuration. My choices are "Auto", "UMA_SPECIFIED", "UMA_AUTO", and "UMA_GAMES_OPTIMIZED". Since I was in here I decided to try "UMA_AUTO" and that fixed the issue.

So now I have 5 monitors connected and working on my PC.

Thank you very much for your help. I have no idea what UMA means so I'll have to go research that but this is exactly what I wanted.

View: https://imgur.com/a/dYmlFS2

Solution