Question How to save my Intel CPU from degradation etc

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
I have had an 14900k since late dec 2023, barely ever overclocked it, i have an z790 Rog maximus dark hero, custom ek water cooling, in the beginning i had cheap lexar 4800Mhz rams so was running on default bios settings, then on may 15th i got myself corsair dominator titanium's 6400 mhz, then been using XMP. Regularly updating the bios, even updated the latest mobo bios released on 12th July which said: "Updated with microcode 0x125 to ensure eTVB operates within Intel specifications"

I had BSODs when i got the ram, when i was testing XMP I and XMP II , then it became stable later on recently i got some crashes maybe like 2 or 3 times, then 1 BSOD during gameplay of a very old game witcher 1 released back in 2007, but these crashes were after i updated the july bios and was testing XMP again.

My question is, what should i do for now to make sure my CPU doesn't get degrade like switch to deault bios settings, undervolt it ? I am from Pakistan, i had my cpu imported, i cannot RMA my cpu nor do i think it is damaged or something of the sort. I am so confused right now, if my cpu is fine or is it dying.

Lutfij

Titan
My question is, what should i do for now to make sure my CPU doesn't get degrade like switch to deault bios settings, undervolt it ? I am from Pakistan, i had my cpu imported, i cannot RMA my cpu nor do i think it is damaged or something of the sort. I am so confused right now, if my cpu is fine or is it dying.
It's a manufacturing defect and the BIOS update that's meant to come out this month is meant to be a stop gap to a larger problem across their processors, not just one or two samples. If you do your due diligence, you'll see people are either avoiding Intel or offloading their stock for cheap.

If you're not undergoing any issues whatsoever, then leave it be and make sure you've updated the BIOS to the latest version. This is one video of many you can find on YT;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3EW5lRIZYc