[SOLVED] How to unplug this cable connector

Feb 5, 2019
I'm trying to unplug the white plastic connector with 7 cables in the image but it just won't come out. I've tried with my hand and with pliers. Does it have some latch or should I just pull out with more force? Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/nMiq9be

Solution
I think that there is/are, in fact, latch/es. Look at the edges of the socket, there's a notch at the long edges, a latch from the plug could be there. Use thin wide flat blade to separate plug from the socket there. Use small mirror to inspect the area.
Feb 5, 2019

Thanks for the answer. That's exactly what I've been doing but it just won't come out. Guess I'll give it another try when I get back home.

Feb 5, 2019

I tried doing it gently first but as it didn't come out I tried with a little more force. Yet I couldn't take it out and I'm afraid of breaking it if I apply any more force. Could it be glued in the bottom or something like that? I tried taking any of the other sockets but couldn't do it as well

Ralston18

Titan
No it should not be glued or anything.

Most likely the plug(s) are on the high side of their max size specifications and the receiving socket(s) may be at the low side of their width specs.

Could be that the plug and socket plastics have stuck themselves together.

Is the computer working or at least in some condition where it can warm up some. If so, allow it to warm up then power down, unplug, and try wiggling the connector loose again.

I do have another idea but it is more risky and requires a steady hand. Have used it in the past - but that was quite a while ago.

Will hold on that idea in hopes that either: 1) Warming up may loosen the plug, or 2) someone else can offer a suggestion or two.

I think that there is/are, in fact, latch/es. Look at the edges of the socket, there's a notch at the long edges, a latch from the plug could be there. Use thin wide flat blade to separate plug from the socket there. Use small mirror to inspect the area.

Solution