G

I've just got a CD-Writer but there's no detailed instructions as to HOW to burn CD's properly - I've tried to make an audio CD but I'm not convinced I've done it properly - it won't play properly in some drives. Can someone PLEASE explain the exact process of making a CD (data and audio ones)- right from the beginning (formatting etc) (I have the InstantCD Wizard software).

Also can re-writable CD's be read in a normal CD player (audio) and still be erased and re-used???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Er....Thats all folks!

G

I'm not sure how InstantCD Wizard works, since I've got SonyCD Extreme, but I imagine they are much the same... for what it's worth I hear Nero and Adaptec Easy CD are pretty good, and CloneCD is excellent.

Generally you don't have to format a CD to burn something onto it, unless you plan on using it for multi-session or packet writing. Just put a blank CD-R in there and burn it with your InstantCD Wizard.

Anyway, rewritables hardly ever work in normal CD players, since they require multiread capability to do so. CD-R disks usually work in most normal CD players, but I've seen some really old ones not work.

Most CD-ROM drives these days can read CD-R and CD-RW disks (unlike the really old days when they could typically only be read by the burner that wrote them). Some older drives do have problems with them though, although this could be due to the media quality of the CD-Rs...

TRENDING THREADS