Question HP Compaq Pro 6200 MT- GTX 750TI LP

May 7, 2019
So pretty much, im a student and dont really have that much money coming my way, so i believe this is a good alternative for playing games like CS Go.

I got my hands on a second hand HP Compaq 6200 MT for 80€, with 8gb of RAM and what looks like some gpu (wich i Will change) but with no cpu, i was thinking about putting an i3 2120 wich my friend wants to sell for 30€ in it to start with (can be upgraded to an i5 or an i7) and an 750ti Low Profile that i saw on sale for 50€, my question is, Will the 750ti LP work on this PC?

And if so for 160€ do you think this build is worth it for cs go and other not highly demanding games?

Thanks in advance.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Not bad, like you said, you could use a CPU upgrade later. Also, if this is the system you're referring to, you would probably want a full-size GPU rather than a low-profile as the expansion slots are full height.

Will the 750ti LP work on this PC?
In theory, it should work with that PC, because the PC has pciex16 slot, and the PSU is 350W.
And check that PC, or ask the seller to see what OS it has. If the PC runs with win8 or win10, check the linker from nvidia tech support: Install Non-OEM GPU in the OEM PC https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...t-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

And you may or may not need the new PSU too, because nobody will know until you try it out.

And for the cs go, you should be fine, but if you try to find online about the cs go game pfs problem, you will know what I means, because people will complain the pfs is lower.

May 7, 2019
That isn't a bad system. However, on Ebay you can find i5's for 30 Euro maybe even i7's for about that. You might also be able to find other low profile GPUs that are a bit faster (GTX 950) that only require PCIe power as well.
Thanks for the tip just saw an i5 2400 for 31€

In theory, it should work with that PC, because the PC has pciex16 slot, and the PSU is 350W.
And check that PC, or ask the seller to see what OS it has. If the PC runs with win8 or win10, check the linker from nvidia tech support: Install Non-OEM GPU in the OEM PC https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...t-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

And you may or may not need the new PSU too, because nobody will know until you try it out.

And for the cs go, you should be fine, but if you try to find online about the cs go game pfs problem, you will know what I means, because people will complain the pfs is lower.
Thanks a lot dude

Not bad, like you said, you could use a CPU upgrade later. Also, if this is the system you're referring to, you would probably want a full-size GPU rather than a low-profile as the expansion slots are full height.
In the HP site it says it has 1 low-profile PCIe x16, so im kinda confused here :p