Review HP Elite Dragonfly Review: the Anti-ThinkPad

Starkium

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
This computer is bad for the price range. Not even a dedicated gpu.

Watch your language!
This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Giroro

Giroro

Splendid
This seems pretty under-specced for a $2500 laptop from a mass-market brand with notoriously poor build-quality. And by "pretty", I mean extremely.
Even if they had a current gen CPU and 32GB ram it would still be pretty meh in terms of value. I guess it must feel pretty good in the hand now, eh? But what about in 6 months when it starts overheating and dies 2 weeks after the end of its one-year warranty - like every other HP laptop I've ever owned/used? What about their buggy drivers and useless thunderbolt USB-hub "docks" that the company outright refuses to support? HP is losing Enterprise market share for some pretty good reasons, and "prettiness" wasn't one of them.

Oh, but it has Optane enhanced storage, so they have Intel's blessing to mislead customers by marketing this as having "48GB MEMORY".... neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
This seems pretty under-specced for a $2500 laptop from a mass-market brand with notoriously poor build-quality. And by "pretty", I mean extremely.
Even if they had a current gen CPU and 32GB ram it would still be pretty meh in terms of value. I guess it must feel pretty good in the hand now, eh? But what about in 6 months when it starts overheating and dies 2 weeks after the end of its one-year warranty - like every other HP laptop I've ever owned/used? What about their buggy drivers and useless thunderbolt USB-hub "docks" that the company outright refuses to support? HP is losing Enterprise market share for some pretty good reasons, and "prettiness" wasn't one of them.

Oh, but it has Optane enhanced storage, so they have Intel's blessing to mislead customers by marketing this as having "48GB MEMORY".... neat.

Hate to bring up an older post, but this laptop actually has a three year warranty. It does have a current CPU, It has the 8th gen because at production, intel hadn't released 10th gen VPro cpu's. Enterprise customers use vpro, I use vpro, we all use vpro. vpro is a pretty big deal.