[SOLVED] HP is destroying their printers!?

adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

this is not the first time we are dealing with HP printer problem, and up until now, I thought I was a bit stupid and I thought I destroyed about 3 printers up until now.
But I think the problem is in HP.

All printer problems occurred after I tried to print from mobile device. Everything was working fine on all printers, but each time I tried to install HP print on mobile device, it connected to the printer and probably updated the printer and now there is no going back.

The last printer that was destroyed is the HP Officejet Pro 7740. I tried to print two documents, one was printed just fine, the other one didn´t go through because there was a cartrige failure. The cartridges are full, why the hck should there be a problem?
I have checked many forums, the last reported issue was in November 2020 and up until now no one knows how to fix it. So that means I have to buy another printer.

I have used this printer for 3-4 years now and we only used original HP cartridges only to avoid any problems.

This has to be another conspiracy theory, no doubt about it,..

Share your thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
After a series of HP printer related issues over the last several months I am souring on HP.

Using a HP 9010 Office Jet Pro series, Model 9015 - good printer but the cost of ink is a continuing and increasing problem.

I use only genuine HP cartridges but have just learned that even identical genuine HP cartridges will not swap between printers. (Or at least I have not been able to make that work.)

And when one color runs out that seems to trigger a cascade of problems that generally end up with being only able to print in black (sometimes) until one or another color cartridge is replaced. Some domino like effect. And cartridges can be hard to find - often out of stock so I keep (kept) an extra set on hand. Just in case.

HP...

adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Cartrige has a date of APR 2022, the error message show there are damaged cartridges in the printer. Black one was replaced - new
there is no indicator showing a problem for particular cartridge, the printhead pins are not damaged, nor the chips on the cartridges.
Before this error I´ve installed HP print on my Iphone, printed two pictures on small size photo paper, then 1 document on A4,... the other document didn´t print because of the error.

Since then the printer won´t work at all.
Possible solutions that didn´t work:
  • reset
  • hard reset
  • replace cartridge
  • downgrade
-upgrade
-upgrade on printer
-factory reset
-checking for problems via HP smart utility
-cleaning pins on printhead
-cleaning cartridge heads-chips
-trying to clean or align printhead

None of this is working, yet when checking the internet there is a clear sign that others are experiencing the same problem.

Sorry but this is not normal,...

LINKS TO OTHER COMPLAINTS:
REDDIT
HP
TOMS HARDWARE
EX PATRIA

AND SOMEONE WHO´S THINKING EXACTLY AS I DO:
AMAZON

adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
No we changed just the black and we didn´t risk any other cartridges since they are quite expensive - set of 4 is 99€ which is about 115$.
We threw the printer in dumpster today and ordered Epson.

My advice to all of you who are trying to buy HP print because of their design and marketing strategy on how good it is: RUN AWAY!

Ralston18

Titan
After a series of HP printer related issues over the last several months I am souring on HP.

Using a HP 9010 Office Jet Pro series, Model 9015 - good printer but the cost of ink is a continuing and increasing problem.

I use only genuine HP cartridges but have just learned that even identical genuine HP cartridges will not swap between printers. (Or at least I have not been able to make that work.)

And when one color runs out that seems to trigger a cascade of problems that generally end up with being only able to print in black (sometimes) until one or another color cartridge is replaced. Some domino like effect. And cartridges can be hard to find - often out of stock so I keep (kept) an extra set on hand. Just in case.

HP offers automatic ink reordering via the printer but I do not trust that system enough to provide the necessary credit card information to HP. Fear that ink cartridges will start showing up every two weeks or so - whether needed or not. Not really sure how much money that would all save anyway.

And I am not sure how the printer tallies up "pages printed" but the reported number is about twice as much as the pages of paper being used.

Full disclosure - I originally used HP Inkjet paper but that got too expensive. Regular Staples copier paper works fine for my purposes so started using that paper for printing. Do some copying but just a few pages a month. No faxing at all - not even connected.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: adze7
Solution
Hi everyone,

this is not the first time we are dealing with HP printer problem, and up until now, I thought I was a bit stupid and I thought I destroyed about 3 printers up until now.
But I think the problem is in HP.

All printer problems occurred after I tried to print from mobile device. Everything was working fine on all printers, but each time I tried to install HP print on mobile device, it connected to the printer and probably updated the printer and now there is no going back.

The last printer that was destroyed is the HP Officejet Pro 7740. I tried to print two documents, one was printed just fine, the other one didn´t go through because there was a cartrige failure. The cartridges are full, why the hck should there be a problem?
I have checked many forums, the last reported issue was in November 2020 and up until now no one knows how to fix it. So that means I have to buy another printer.

I have used this printer for 3-4 years now and we only used original HP cartridges only to avoid any problems.

This has to be another conspiracy theory, no doubt about it,..

Share your thoughts

3-4 years on an inkjet printer is not a bad lifespan, but updates causing odd things to happen with the error codes can happen if there are bugs in them.

You said this happened to 3 printers and all failed the same way after using the mobile print? I'd stop using that or move to another brand of printer if HP has not fixed the issue.
We use mobile print often at my work but we use Lexmark printers.