[SOLVED] HP omen 15 powerbank

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I'm going on holiday soon, and I'll bring my HP omen 15-dc0982nd with me, but it'll be a lot of driving. I was looking for a car charger (the ones that use the cigarette lighter slot) to charge it, but I couldn't find any for my laptop. I have no knowledge of laptop powerbanks, so does anyone have any recommendations? And will it even be worth it, since my laptop is drained during gaming in like 20 min without a charger.

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I suspect your laptop doesnt like the modified sine wave generated by that inverter. Odd.

Wjat happens if you plug your phone into the inverter?
I just let the car run for 10 min with my phone plugged into the converter, into the cigarette lighter slot, and it just stayed at the same percentage the entire time while having the screen on the highest, with a video running the entire time. So I guess the converter is quite useless right now...

I just let the car run for 10 min with my phone plugged into the converter, into the cigarette lighter slot, and it just stayed at the same percentage the entire time while having the screen on the highest, with a video running the entire time. So I guess the converter is quite useless right now...

You have a higher spec laptop, it comes with a 200 watt power supply. The fact that the charger on the car was keeping the battery even is good enough for this application. Standard laptops comes with a 90 watt, 60 watt, some 45 watt power supply which can be powered with those power adapters. Gaming laptops, not really.

You have a higher spec laptop, it comes with a 200 watt power supply. The fact that the charger on the car was keeping the battery even is good enough for this application. Standard laptops comes with a 90 watt, 60 watt, some 45 watt power supply which can be powered with those power adapters. Gaming laptops, not really.
That wouldnt explain the phone not working. A phone wont draw more than 10-15w.

Plus, the laptop wont draw anywhere near 200w when not under much load. Maybe 100 max for just web browsing. So it should still charge when you arent gaming.