Question HP WX-8600 Workstation CMOS Resets after shutdown

Dec 17, 2019
I'm using HP WX-8600 Workstation and I have an issue with it. After shutdown, CMOS Settings resets even after replacing the battery. I tried to figure out the reason behind this but no luck, and I don't want it to be an issue with the motherboard.

Machine Detail on HP Website

I'm using HP WX-8600 Workstation and I have an issue with it. After shutdown, CMOS Settings resets even after replacing the battery. I tried to figure out the reason behind this but no luck, and I don't want it to be an issue with the motherboard.

Machine Detail on HP Website
Make sure the new battery has same spec with the older battery (battery type, volt,etc). If they still resets, try to look some BIOS setting.

Dec 17, 2019
Make sure the new battery has same spec with the older battery (battery type, volt,etc). If they still resets, try to look some BIOS setting.
UPDATE
I have done some checking on my side, I exchanged the battery from a working machine with a tested battery. I also tried to find any settings in BOIS related to battery or something but couldn't find it.

I have provided BOIS settings, please have a look at it...

HP W-8600 BOIS

UPDATE
I have done some checking on my side, I exchanged the battery from a working machine with a tested battery. I also tried to find any settings in BOIS related to battery or something but couldn't find it.

I have provided BOIS settings, please have a look at it...

HP W-8600 BOIS
I have read the BIOS settings, Try this one on BIOS setting :
Advanced - Power on option - after power loss, set to "off".