Question Huge fps drops, stuttering and freezing

Aug 8, 2019
Lately I've been having lots of the issues mentioned in the title, no matter what I try to fix it the problem always persists.
The fps drops and stutters occur a lot when playing games like GTA5 and Rainbow Six Siege, it also happens on single player games like Generation Zero but I haven't had any problems on Dying Light for example.
They're all different games and they run on different engines, but it's still really weird.
I normally goes like this, I open the game and everything runs smooth and fine, I play a minute or two and the fps drop from 60 to 10/-20, it stays like that for 15-20 seconds and it goes back to 60.
(I always use VSync, so the fps are locked)
When I use discord I can hear my friends voices in a semi robotic-choppy way, it sounds "glitchy".

My specs are
CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC @4GHz (Never had any problems with it, stock is 3.5GHz btw)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
Ram: Kingston DDR3 2x4GB PC3-12800 (800MHz)
SSD/HDD: Western Digital Blue 240GB SSD, I do have a 1TB HDD but no games are on it
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
PSU: 750W (can't remember brand name and can't see it without opening the case and completely removing it)
Chassis: NZXT S340
OS: Windows 10 (I've tried running the same games on a windows 7 partition, problem persisted)

Note: My cases is modded, I've mounted a vertical mount for my GPU and I'm using a Thermaltake PCI-E extender (this was 2 years ago).

My temps are actually good, it normally stays at 50° on heavy load (during gaming)
It never goes above the 55°, this counts for both CPU and GPU
All fans are always at 100%, 2 fans intake and 2 out in the back.

I normally run open world games on high or very high settings with low shadows as long as it runs at 1080p@60fps, when I play fps games with small maps everything is always on ultra and I can easily run it at 60fps too.
Putting everything on low didn't solve the issue.

Side notes:
  • I play a lot online with friends and we're on Discord, I tried playing without but the problem was still there.
  • I tried a fresh windows 10 install
  • Clean graphics driver installation (using DDU)
  • I've updated all the drivers, and I've updated windows as well
  • I've tried using my phones 4G connection to see if it was a connection problem
  • I've tried many different in game settings
  • I've started to having those problems 3 or 4 months ago, it then stopped for a while but now it's back

If anyone has the slightest idea of what the cause might be or any suggestion on what else I can try, please do let me know!
I'm going insane :'(

Jul 21, 2019
It's doubtful this has anything to do with it, but I've heard these symptoms once before.
Years ago my friend lived near a naval base and would have these strange drop outs. He never really got it confirmed, but believes it was the microwave burst transmitter at the base. When he moved away, the symptoms stopped.

Aug 8, 2019
It's doubtful this has anything to do with it, but I've heard these symptoms once before.
Years ago my friend lived near a naval base and would have these strange drop outs. He never really got it confirmed, but believes it was the microwave burst transmitter at the base. When he moved away, the symptoms stopped.

I am no expert so I have really no idea, but I moved to this new house a year ago and had many different ISPs because the costs were so high and the bandwidth we received was to low.
I am not sure if it has anything to do with it at all, but I didn't have those problems before my (current) last ISP.
(My PC is connected through an Ethernet cable directly into the router, and the PC is located inside the room that has a balcony, on that balcony there is an antenna (more like a parabola, see images).
I don't know what kind of technology is being used to transmit the data but a friend of mine (that works in IT for the army) told me that the full bandwidth of those types of parabolas is always being used, so that the "traffic" is always at 100%, thus when a client wants to transmit "real" data, it's simply overwritten.

No idea if it has anything to do with it though, I will add a few pictures to give an idea on what it all looks like.
I live in Italy, so the landscape is definitely beautiful, but the connection here is the complete opposite of good.

Landscape
Parabola
Balcony

Your motherboard is a poor one, not really suited for a FX-6300.

You are likely throttling because the motherboard vrm chips are overheating.

I would not spend a dime trying a new motherboard. The FX line is all but dead.
$250 will buy you a stronger modern cpu/motherboard and ddr4 ram.

Aug 8, 2019
It is very unlikely that my motherboard and chips are overheating, my entire system runs at about 55° Celsius on very heavy loads and for longer periods of time.

• My CPU normally runs at 50° and doesn't go any higher
  • My GPU normally runs at 55+-° and does never ever hit the 60°
  • All other chips that are on board and the motherboard itself is also staying around 56/57°

There is not sign of thermal throttling whatsoever, I've checked over and over a million times.
Only the CPU is overclocked but it never gave me any problems, to be honest it worked ten times better overclocked than not overclocked.

But besides all that, I've been playing with this system for over a year now, I've never had any problems until now.