Nov 22, 2018
My current build -
Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX x570-E gaming
CPU - R9 3900x
GPU - RTX 4080
RAM - Kingston fury beast 8x4 32GB CL17
PSU - Corsair HX 750 platinum
OS - Win 10 Pro

All of this began about a week ago when my computer suddenly started lagging. Dragging the mouse from one corner to the other corner had lag, Audio and video were lagging and the RGB in my fans and case was lagging too.
I've tried a couple of things so far -
1.) Updated bios
2.) Updated windows and GPU drivers
3.) Used DDU and reinstalled nvidia drivers
4.) Clean windows install
5.) Clean windows install on new SSD
6.) Swapped my CPU with my friend's 3600x (issue still persisted)
7.) Downgraded to NVIDIA April drivers to see if new driver was an issue(not fixed with this too)

The only thing that seems to fix the issue is when I use DDU and go back to the 536.23 version of the drivers of my 4080 which came out on 6/14/2023. Somehow opening windows after DDU shows this driver only. I thought it would go back to the launch driver of 2022.
Granted I have to play my games at only 60 fps due to the old driver, but this is the only way I can get a smooth experience without latency.
What I'm guessing so far is that these huge constant lag spikes and latency is because of some windows audio driver clashing with the HD audio mvidia driver maybe? Just my guess.

Was wondering if these is a was a way to go back to a previous windows 10 build to see if the issue still persists? Is there a way to do this without a restore point?

One more thing I've noticed since a few months is that the RGB on my new RAM has completely shut off and the only was to get it working is to only populate the B1,A2 and B2 RAM slot. Somehow, slotting in a RAM into the A1 slot completely shuts down the RGB in all the RAM sticks. 32GB ram is still detected though.

Please help me out 🙏

The usual favorite driver for 4000-series owners is 537.58 as it greatly improved performance, and later drivers have many reported inexplicable BSOD and DPC latency issues. Installs fine with NVCleanstall too, if you don't need that telemetry and GeForce Experience junk. Seems like they are focusing on fixing the nVidia APP instead anyway.

abhishek2696hhh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
Just updated the drivers to 537.58.
No noticeable improvement in performance.
Still between 30-60 fps for a game which used to be stuck at 144 fps before
No latency issues so far from this driver update
should I update again ?

Screenshot of stats from my task manager during gaming (4k resolution) - https://postimg.cc/t7g3CSf8
Screenshot of stats from my task manager during gaming (1080p resolution) - https://postimg.cc/RJnyrSzz
The usual favorite driver for 4000-series owners is 537.58 as it greatly improved performance, and later drivers have many reported inexplicable BSOD and DPC latency issues. Installs fine with NVCleanstall too, if you don't need that telemetry and GeForce Experience junk. Seems like they are focusing on fixing the nVidia APP instead anyway.

Last edited:

abhishek2696hhh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
I'm not playing any fancy games with DLSS or Framegen
I play the most basic esports games like smite and valorant
Here a link with screenshots of my CPU-Z and heaven benchmark
Something seems off with my slot #3 memory and my 4080 which used to rip past the heaven benchmark previously is just lagging like crazy at 20 fps
Is my gpu dying?