Jeff Van de Pol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Hi all, I'm at the end of my rope here. So far I've tried all solutions and potential fixes I could find till now. I really hope someone has the permanent solution. Small recap.

Beginnning of this year, January, I was getting constant latency spikes. I've been tracking them with LatencyMon and it goes all over the place. Tried all sort of fixes nothing worked. 1st of April (no joke) I did a full Windows reinstallation. Things were looking steady after that and was not having issues until the 11th of June. And it sort of looks like these latency issues progress over time. Is that even possible?

In the first stages a reboot, would most of the time, solve the problem but as it progresses this is no longer the case. I need multiple reboots and then I have a running system without latency spikes. To me it also looks like more spikes pop up after a 'cold' boot at the start of the day.

The 11th of June I changed the GPU and Audio core with the Interrupt-Affinity Tool. The weeks after that I've been experimenting with booting and having certain services turned off. It worked for a while but somehow the issue returned again.

This morning I uninstalled the GPU and Audio drivers in Safe Mode with DDU. And after reboot I'm still getting the lateny spikes. So I'm not entirely sure if it's a GPU issue or not...

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

System information:
Windows 11 latest update
Latest bios update
(tried with latest Nvidia drivers, removed this morning)
i5 10600K
ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RTX 3090
Patriot Memory Viper Steel Gaming DDR4 32 GB (4 x 8GB) 4400MHz
Cooler Master MWE Gold 1250 V2 ATX Modular

Jeff Van de Pol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Hey there,

What bios are you running on the mobo?

Why are you measuring system latency? Is it impacting performance? Just not sure of the 'why' behind it.
Hi!

You mean type of bios or which version? I'm running ROG UEFI BIOS version 2801 which turns out is not the lastest version. So I can try and update this.

As to the why. Should have explained that better. I get audio drops every 5 seconds and my mouse stutters at the same time. If it wasn't noticable then it would not bother me that much. But it's really driving me nuts...