Question HyperX Cloud Core Mic Static (only on PC, works fine on iPhone)

Jul 3, 2019
I've had this HyperX Cloud Core for around 2.5 years. It has always had background mic static.

The mic static is probably nothing new to you experts, but its basically this static noise that is constantly happening in the background when my mic is recording my voice. You can still hear my voice (and the audio quality is great), however the static just won't stop. No matter how I position my mic, whether I cover it up with my hands or move it away from my computer, it still persists.

I started off by reinstalling my Realtek drivers, which did close to nothing. Then, I plugged in my headset to my iPhone and found out that there was no static at all, with no loss of audio quality. It sounded exactly how I wanted it. So I knew that it wasn't a problem with the actual headset. The problem lies within either the computer or the audio splitter that came with the headset. I have tried this mic on a laptop and the static is still there. I have my computer plugged directly into the wall instead of a power strip and my headset is plugged into the rear audio jacks as well (I heard these help).

My main computer is an Alienware Aurora R7 Base and my laptop is an Alienware 15 R2. If you would like me to tell you the specs of each, then feel free to ask.

Jul 3, 2019
Static/noise with audio is very often grounding issue, if you always had this issue, you may want to try an external audio card without having to use the adapter.
Maybe something like this https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Hea...ocphy=9001834&hvtargid=pla-523277958625&psc=1
Thanks for responding. I'm probably going to get an external sound card like you said, but I'd like to know if there's any other options that are less than $40. Just looking for a good sound card for my HyperX Cloud Core that will get rid of the buzzing that isn't so expensive.

Thanks for responding. I'm probably going to get an external sound card like you said, but I'd like to know if there's any other options that are less than $40. Just looking for a good sound card for my HyperX Cloud Core that will get rid of the buzzing that isn't so expensive.

That splitter may also be the cause, you can see if another one helps before getting a sound card.
There are lots of cheap USB sound cards, I probably would not call any of them "good" since clean audio needs good components and design. Look on Newegg, Amazon and read the specs and reviews. I have not tried anything cheap so can't say how good any of them are.
Even my car has a $50 bluetooth adapter and DAC to replace the stock one.