Question Hyperx Cloud II microphone very quiet and low quality

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone, today I've just bought the HyperX Cloud II (wired version), as an upgrade to my Plantronics Gamecom 780, that i have used ever since 2015.
Compared to the microphone of the Plantronics, this one sounds much worse in any way, it's very quiet, it sounds muffled and of lower quality. I've uninstalled the Plantronics software, I've updated the firmware from the official site, following the instructions provided. I've uninstalled the driver, plugged it again after restarting - which seemed to give me the latest version of the driver installed. After that I have set the quality of the microphone to DVD quality at 48kHz, which gave it a little better quality, as it was set to 44kHz before, but it still sounded much worse. Then i turned off all the noise cancelling features on discord, and that didn't change anything. I tried the + button on the sound card on the cable itself and maxed out the volume from there. And as a last resort I've downloaded "APO Equalizer" and it's plug-in - Peace, which allowed me to boost my Mic so that I could be heard loud enough, but the quality is close to that of a much cheaper headset, with background noise while talking.
I've read a lot of threads on forums, and this was all I could find, now i don't know if maybe the Mic is defective, or it's just the way it is, and my expectations are way higher - comparing it to the Plantronics Mic.
Thank you all!

Hello everyone, today I've just bought the HyperX Cloud II (wired version), as an upgrade to my Plantronics Gamecom 780, that i have used ever since 2015.
Compared to the microphone of the Plantronics, this one sounds much worse in any way, it's very quiet, it sounds muffled and of lower quality. I've uninstalled the Plantronics software, I've updated the firmware from the official site, following the instructions provided. I've uninstalled the driver, plugged it again after restarting - which seemed to give me the latest version of the driver installed. After that I have set the quality of the microphone to DVD quality at 48kHz, which gave it a little better quality, as it was set to 44kHz before, but it still sounded much worse. Then i turned off all the noise cancelling features on discord, and that didn't change anything. I tried the + button on the sound card on the cable itself and maxed out the volume from there. And as a last resort I've downloaded "APO Equalizer" and it's plug-in - Peace, which allowed me to boost my Mic so that I could be heard loud enough, but the quality is close to that of a much cheaper headset, with background noise while talking.
I've read a lot of threads on forums, and this was all I could find, now i don't know if maybe the Mic is defective, or it's just the way it is, and my expectations are way higher - comparing it to the Plantronics Mic.
Thank you all!
What are the pc specs?

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
What are the pc specs?
MB: Gigabyte H81M
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: RX 590
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600mHz
SSD: 500GB
HDD: 1TB (7200 RPM)
PSU: DeepCool 550W Gold

I would like to note that I have tried the headset with the dongle on another PC, with a MSI H-410M A Pro, i3 10100F, and RTX 3060 ti. It sounded the same as on my other PC. Meanwhile when I plug it on my phone I do sound louder, but the quality is even worse, some letters like the letter S are OVERLY loud when I speak.

MB: Gigabyte H81M
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: RX 590
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600mHz
SSD: 500GB
HDD: 1TB (7200 RPM)
PSU: DeepCool 550W Gold

I would like to note that I have tried the headset with the dongle on another PC, with a MSI H-410M A Pro, i3 10100F, and RTX 3060 ti. It sounded the same as on my other PC. Meanwhile when I plug it on my phone I do sound louder, but the quality is even worse, some letters like the letter S are OVERLY loud when I speak.
could you go to mic settings, set the volume to 100 and boost to 0?