Question i accidentally tore the lil blue cover off of my female usb 3.0 connector and now my laptop wont stop making the connect/disconnect sound ?

Nov 16, 2021
this is probably the dumbest thing ive ever done in terms of computers. basic notes, i have an Acer Nitro 5 (1650 ti, i5). I have malwarebytes installed, nothing was found when the scan was complete. I have reset my computer, checked all my drivers, everything is up to date.

so last night i was trying to plug in my headphones with my computer, but instead, without realising, i had accidentally been jamming the usb in rather than the headphone jack. since it is typically dark during the night, i didnt see that i had torn off that little blue part of the usb connector until about 30 minutes ago. Since I usually sit in bed with my laptop (its cold where i live) it might be harder than it should be to find it. but, If i were to find it, would it be feasible to somehow put it back together or is this far gone? the usb port isnt mutilated or anything, just that little blue part is gone, so it makes sense in my my head that it might work, but we have already seen why my head cant be trusted.

some other info, every exactly 15 seconds, the usb connection sound is played, and another 1 second after that it plays the disconnect sound. this does not happen when my mouse is
plugged in.

image.png

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
Other than damaging that particular USB port you most likely have blown an SMD fuse on the motherboard on power delivery to the port/hub. If lucky some of the other ports may still work. As for that particular cluster of ports "it's dead jim"

Nov 16, 2021
Other than damaging that particular USB port you most likely have blown an SMD fuse on the motherboard on power delivery to the port/hub. If lucky some of the other ports may still work. As for that particular cluster of ports "it's dead jim"
actually. every other usb port, even the one directly next to it, works perfectly.