I added a new RAM card (8gb) to my 4gb one and didn't notice any difference!

Oct 6, 2018
hey there, first of all it's my very first time to look for a solution to a problem on an online forum so i don't know what should i write about my system. or what do you need to know before helping me out. but i will write my story and if you want to know any thing about my computer thankfully ask me.

Unfortunately,suddenly my hard disk crushed and didn't read so i went to a repair shop to find out the problem they told me that i should buy a new one cuz it's like a fatal problem. so i bought a new 2 tb hard disk and i also bought a new RAM card (8gb) and that guy in the shop told me that it's compatible with your old one(4gb) and can work together giving U a 12gb memory. and indeed it did i can see in system info that i have 12 gb ram (11.5 gb usable). the problem is that i cant feel any difference! it's frustrating. for instance, before the old hard disk crash Fifa 17 (video game) ran smoothly on low settings. i downloaded it again on the new hard disk plus adding the new RAM card, it's running tooo slow even on the lowest settings. like a slow motion gameplay. I tried literally every solution i found on google and youtube, all of them didn't work. so I doubt the new ram or the hard disk cuz they are the only things that were changed ,btw i installed the same windows version that was on my old HD.

Am sorry that I didn't write info about the new RAM card, but i really don't know how to find it out.

excuse my english. and excuse me being a noob in representing my issue. am really sorry but this is my best :)

thanks ;)

zackywacky

Prominent
Jul 21, 2018
Well, when it comes to playing games they'll only take as much RAM as they need, which in your case could be below 4GB meaning your new RAM stick wouldn't make any difference. If you're looking to boost performance in games, I'd look for a new graphics card, as this will help you a lot more.

if your pc newish unit most new pc you need to use two dimms of the same size. two dimms of two sizes can cause issues. on your pc when you reinstall the os you need to reinstall the drivers for the mb. look at the mb make and model and rev go to the vendor site and reinstall them. same for the video card.