Question I am stuttering in games with really good hardware. Is my hard drive the issue?

Mar 28, 2019
Like the question says I have a RTX 2060, AMD Ryzen 2700x, 16gbs of DDR4 Ram 2666mhz, and I am getting stutter when I am playing games.

The hard drive I have is 1TB 7200, but I have had it since 2014, so it could be getting old, but I’m not sure.

My temps while gaming never go above 68 degrees, and while idle are around 30 degrees.

Every so often I do get 100% Disk usage while just browsing the web or definitely while installing or downloading games.

I am just so confused as to why I am getting the stutter it is super annoying, and I have really good hardware. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Like the question says I have a RTX 2060, AMD Ryzen 2700x, 16gbs of DDR4 Ram 2666mhz, and I am getting stutter when I am playing games.

The hard drive I have is 1TB 7200, but I have had it since 2014, so it could be getting old, but I’m not sure.

My temps while gaming never go above 68 degrees, and while idle are around 30 degrees.

Every so often I do get 100% Disk usage while just browsing the web or definitely while installing or downloading games.

I am just so confused as to why I am getting the stutter it is super annoying, and I have really good hardware. Any advice would be appreciated.
Im having the same issue with my PC and i think it could be the hard drive as well

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
i optimized my hard drive and cleared alot of junk files, i also overclocked my ram to 2800mhz and overclocked my cpu to 3.9ghz and im seeing almost no stutter in games anymore but i guess whatever i did fixed the problem pretty much.

Mar 28, 2019
i optimized my hard drive and cleared alot of junk files, i also overclocked my ram to 2800mhz and overclocked my cpu to 3.9ghz and im seeing almost no stutter in games anymore but i guess whatever i did fixed the problem pretty much.
I’m getting less stutter by sticking everything on an ssd, but occasionally I am still getting stutter. I wonder if it could be my ram so maybe overclocking it could be a solution, but I mean I’m running a 2666 speed ram which granted isn’t the fastest but it shouldn’t be that.

Mar 28, 2019
I’m getting less stutter by sticking everything on an ssd, but occasionally I am still getting stutter. I wonder if it could be my ram so maybe overclocking it could be a solution, but I mean I’m running a 2666 speed ram which granted isn’t the fastest but it shouldn’t be that.
And my cpu is auto overclocked with my motherboard usually gets to about 4.0