[SOLVED] I am trying to make my usb drive bootable because i am using a macbook to install windows 10 on my new pc

Dec 25, 2019
(Before i start, i just want to say thanks to the people that respond to this question)

So recently i build my first pc ever, and now it is ready.

So i looked up a lot of videos on how to install windows 10 on my MSI Tomahawk MAX motherboard and
they were pretty simple, until i realised the only (extra) laptop i have is a macbook. But there are a lot of videos with the same issue so there are solutions for that too. They vary
from 2014-2017 but none of the videos are from 2018 or 2019.

All of the videos use 2 programs: Disk Utility and Boot camp. The only problem i have is that my Boot Camp is different than theirs so i don't have the option to transfer my microsoft iso file to my usb. In DISK Utility every video uses a different format and different method to make the USB drive bootable. In the end i used a method that uses Terminal and this finally did something else to my PC than just saying: No boot system installed....

But this time my pc did 4 different things: Or it would just be blue, or it would say Recovery, your pc/device needs to be repaired.... missing winload.efi... error code 0xc0000225...., or it would give me a black screen with windows failed to start...steps to fix the problem, or it would just give me the No boot system installed.... NOTE: the second cause would only happen if i would insert my USB drive into my main USB port on the top of my NZXT H510, the black cause would only happen if i would insert the USB drive in the back of my case.

Now i am really bothered by this because my family is really angry at me that i didn't buy a prebuild pc and... you know the drill. I have tried everything, but is there ONE solution to this, maybe it would be something with disk utility or i don't know,

thanks for the reply!

Solution
If you can get to a Windows computer as I don't know if rufus works on a Mac.

This has always worked for me.

The window 10 ISO

A USB Drive 16gb min

Rufus

Create a bootable USB drive that you can install your Windows 10 from
yeah, i know but i have a macbook
Mac or non-mac an usb dvd-writer should or on any notebook. Use and image burner, mac has plenty of those to burn the windows to a dvd then conect the same usb dvd-rom to the pc and boot from it... I have a mac-pro, a asus notebook, and a pc-worstation (in my sig this one) so i know that mac can be a little complicated but what i suggested should work without any problems. As for iso image use a torrent download, this is not pirating, is just the iso and you use your license to activate it.

As for iso image use a torrent download, this is not pirating, is just the iso and you use your license to activate it.
The microsoft website that allows you to download a usb install also allows you to download the iso if you choose the for another system option, no need to use torrents.

Also load up any good partition tool on macos delete everything on the usb and create one single fat32 partition and make that bootable(primary) and active
that makes the usb bootable if you have copied the files from the iso to the usb it will start up and start installing windows.

Obviously make sure to select the usb and not your mac drive
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/

The microsoft website that allows you to download a usb install also allows you to download the iso if you choose the for another system option, no need to use torrents.

Also load up any good partition tool on macos delete everything on the usb and create one single fat32 partition and make that bootable(primary) and active
that makes the usb bootable if you have copied the files from the iso to the usb it will start up and start installing windows.

Obviously make sure to select the usb and not your mac drive
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/
To be able to download iso you must run the media creation tool which is impossible on Mac.