Question i bought xfx rx 570 xxx edition graphic card bios issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 5, 2022
i bought xfx rx 570 xxx edition graphic card. but its have code 43 error. i need this card original bios. but thats not in the tech power up bios collection. device id is 1002 67DF. sub system id 1002 0B31. memory type elpida.(1550 mhz now installed) i installed techpowerup unveryfied bios. but it has a issue when stressing comes green screen. help me to serch original bios.

Oct 5, 2022
Just download amdvbflash

There's also a guide on Techpowerup forums that has some utilities to make a bootable dos usb. However you can simply run amdvbflash from a command prompt (or powershell) in windows if all you want to do is read the card id.

They recommend only flashing the card from dos.

And an old youtube that shows the general idea of shorting the bios chip pins if necessary. Note: It looks like a nightmare with cutting the wire (about halfway through) since you could easily accidentally short anything with anything like those metal scissors if you aren't extremely careful! Also quite difficult to solder the wire on the chip - have to make sure it's the right pins.

Don't know if you could just hook a paperclip on it somehow and pull it off with some plastic tweezers instead when necessary: Again have to be extremely careful not to short anything else in the process! Honestly it looks really delicate.

Maybe should look up some more but I didn't see much else in the way of documentation! Nothing exact to your card.

Maybe you could also check out techpowerup forums see if anyone can advise more - is the procedure possible, will it even work?
alredy tried to flash bios. same subsytem id, same card modle, but cant flash bios. its comming P/N not match. how to see my card part number

DavidM012

Distinguished
I suspect it's a fake card. Xfx says it has a dual bios. You say it doesn't. The bios version seems incorrect. The clock speed is wrong. Sum1 is messin' wit your mind.

^^ a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a gpu whose dual bios switch does not exist. Durn de durn durn dun dun.