[SOLVED] I build my new PC but can not connect to internet even by Ethernet.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
My build is.
i7-1700K
MSI MPG Z590 GAMING FORCE
850W 80+ Bronze PSU
16gb DDR4 ram.
Samsung Sata SSD
WD HDD

I have windows 10 installed from a thumb drive because my PC says it does not support windows 11 because all of my parts are to old and outdated so i had to go with windows 10.

It all seemed to be working great but when i plug my Ethernet cord up it does not pick anything up and it even says i have NO drivers whatsoever relating to my internet. So i Downloaded the Drivers from the Mothebroard Website and still does not work none of them will even download because when i download the Ethernet driver to a thumbdrive and try to install it on my new PC it never works and says "Intel Ethernet Network Drivers were not detected, please download and install the intel Ethernet driver package and try again.

I have no idea why it says this crap if i literally downloaded the driver itself form the motherboard website and install it but it says this error.

So i try to download this stupid "intel package" and nope it still dont work on that either, no drivers whatsoever will install and i can not use internet because i need internet to get the drivers to fix the internet!

Do i need to just send the motherboard back and not get MSI anymore? I have never had this much trouble building a PC.

Solution
My build is.
i7-1700K
850W 80+ Bronze PSU
16gb DDR4 ram.
Samsung Sata SSD
WD HDD

I have windows 10 installed from a thumb drive because my PC says it does not support windows 11 because all of my parts are to old and outdated so i had to go with windows 10.

It all seemed to be working great but when i plug my Ethernet cord up it does not pick anything up and it even says i have NO drivers whatsoever relating to my internet. So i Downloaded the Drivers from the Mothebroard Website and still does not work none of them will even download because when i download the Ethernet driver to a thumbdrive and try to install it on my new PC it never works and says "Intel Ethernet Network Drivers were not detected...
My build is.
i7-1700K
850W 80+ Bronze PSU
16gb DDR4 ram.
Samsung Sata SSD
WD HDD

It all seemed to be working great but when i plug my Ethernet cord up it does not pick anything up and it even says i have NO drivers whatsoever relating to my internet. So i Downloaded the Drivers from the Mothebroard Website and still does not work none of them will even download because when i download the Ethernet driver to a thumbdrive and try to install it on my new PC it never works and says "Intel Ethernet Network Drivers were not detected, please download and install the intel Ethernet driver package and try again.

I have no idea why it says this crap if i literally downloaded the driver itself form the motherboard website and install it but it says this error.

So i try to download this stupid "intel package" and nope it still dont work on that either, no drivers whatsoever will install and i can not use internet because i need internet to get the drivers to fix the internet!

Do i need to just send the motherboard back and not get MSI anymore? I have never had this much trouble building a PC.
Is this the driver pack you tried:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...el-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

If not, you could try that. You generally also need to install the Intel Chipset pack and the Serial IO pack.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router (or modem/router if combined)?

ISP?

Are you able to try another known working Ethernet cable?

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing the above:

On your computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

TRENDING THREADS