Question I built my first own PC, but have problems with it

Sep 25, 2021
So I’m new to all this PC building stuff, but last year I decided to build my own PC for the first time and oh boy, was that a bad idea. I only brought me stress whenever I booted my PC. So whenever I boot my PC, it starts to make a lot of noise, after a few minutes it starts to calm down, but then suddenly becomes louder again, I feel really stressed whenever I hear it, since like I said, it’s my first PC, so I don’t know whether I did something wrong or not while building the PC. But I recently discovered that the PC needs an intake and exhaust fan, the case I have rn has place for 3 fans, 1 in the back, 2 in front . I unknowingly installed all fans as intake, the back fan was already installed in the case when I bought it. So since I have 3 fans, should I install the 2 in front as intake and the back one as exhaust? Not sure whether this will stop the noise or not, but it’s worth the try. Furthermore, are there any other things I should know, like rookie mistakes that cause the noise or perhaps any damage to the components? My apologies for this all, but I just want to game on my PC without stressing the whole time for once. Thanks in advance

pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/f1qv8SN

First Picture is list of components, the Graphic card is GTX 1650 and ram is just 32GB
Second Picture is the back fan
Third Picture are the 2 fans I have at the front of the case

Last edited:
So I’m new to all this PC building stuff, but last year I decided to build my own PC for the first time and oh boy, was that a bad idea. I only brought me stress whenever I booted my PC. So whenever I boot my PC, it starts to make a lot of noise, after a few minutes it starts to calm down, but then suddenly becomes louder again, I feel really stressed whenever I hear it, since like I said, it’s my first PC, so I don’t know whether I did something wrong or not while building the PC. But I recently discovered that the PC needs an intake and exhaust fan, the case I have rn has place for 3 fans, 1 in the back, 2 in front . I unknowingly installed all fans as intake, the back fan was already installed in the case when I bought it. So since I have 3 fans, should I install the 2 in front as intake and the back one as exhaust? Not sure whether this will stop the noise or not, but it’s worth the try. Furthermore, are there any other things I should know, like rookie mistakes that cause the noise or perhaps any damage to the components? My apologies for this all, but I just want to game on my PC without stressing the whole time for once. Thanks in advance

pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/f1qv8SN

First Picture is list of components, the Graphic card is GTX 1650 and ram is just 32GB
Second Picture is the back fan
Third Picture are the 2 fans I have at the front of the case
I wouldn't say it was a bad idea, you have to start somewhere. Can I assume despite the noise the PC is actually working, like can you log into Windows and stuff like that? You shouldn't have all intakes but that wouldn't have caused your issue.

How did you connect up the fans, did you connect them to the fan headers to the motherboard?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't say it was a bad idea, you have to start somewhere. Can I assume despite the noise the PC is actually working, like can you log into Windows and stuff like that? You shouldn't have all intakes but that wouldn't have caused your issue.

How did you connect up the fans, did you connect them to the fan headers to the motherboard?
He has all exhaust fans no intake, needs to turn the front fans the other direction.

Sep 25, 2021

Hello, I changed the fans on the front panel to intake fans yesterday, however it still makes a decent amount of noise, there are a few reasons i can think of, 1. like my PC case isnt known for good airflow, 2. I only have 2 fans, 1 intake, 1 exhaust, the case has only 3 spots for fans, so maybe I should add an extra intake fan, and finally 3. Maybe it’s just me, whenever I use my PC i dont wear headphones and the PC is on a table that‘s right next to me, so what do you think the reason is? Also, the pc works fine, i can do everything and yes, i connected 1 fan to the motherboard header, the other is connected to a cable of my Power supply, since that fan has a different cable, only compatible with the power supply cable, I can use the PC perfectly fine, but I’m just worried for damages to the PC in the longrun, also sometimes the fans start to spin louder for a few seconds and quiet down again, is that normal?

Hello, I changed the fans on the front panel to intake fans yesterday, however it still makes a decent amount of noise, there are a few reasons i can think of, 1. like my PC case isnt known for good airflow, 2. I only have 2 fans, 1 intake, 1 exhaust, the case has only 3 spots for fans, so maybe I should add an extra intake fan, and finally 3. Maybe it’s just me, whenever I use my PC i dont wear headphones and the PC is on a table that‘s right next to me, so what do you think the reason is? Also, the pc works fine, i can do everything and yes, i connected 1 fan to the motherboard header, the other is connected to a cable of my Power supply, since that fan has a different cable, only compatible with the power supply cable, I can use the PC perfectly fine, but I’m just worried for damages to the PC in the longrun, also sometimes the fans start to spin louder for a few seconds and quiet down again, is that normal?
Normally if you connect a fan directly to the power supply it will run at full speed and produce more noise. When they are connected to the motherboard they can be dynamically controlled. What fans do you have and what fan do you have connected to the PSU?