[SOLVED] I built my on PC last week and after testing few games, my GPU Temperature won't go up from 60 C, is it a good thing ?

Jun 11, 2021
I've some problem with my PC. I built one last week and now my gpu temp max is 60 C , but MSI Afterburner said its 85 C, and after testing a few games, my fps is lower than my 1060 laptop. I watched reviews on the internet and from what i seen my FPS is too low from the expected fps, so i tried to tweak it. The gpu i have is actually used one.

I tested furmark only and the temp wont go up above 61 C. Anyone knows what cause my low fps ? is it because of the limited temperature ? or could it be something else ?
I've tried reinstalling MSI Afterburner, Driver for GPU, Updating GPU, and its still the same. Please help :(

My Specs :
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU : ASRock Radeon RX 570 4GB
Motherboard : ASRock B460M-Pro4
PSU : Armaggeddon Voltron Gold 600 80Plus Gold
RAM : Lexar 2x8 GB 3200MHz
Storage : 1TB HDD and 256 M.2 Nvme SSD

Solution
A used RX570? I would be concerned that it has had its BIOS modified for power efficiency. A common thing when used for crypto-currency mining.

Download GPU-Z and verify the installed vBIOS matches what the exact model of the card should be.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A used RX570? I would be concerned that it has had its BIOS modified for power efficiency. A common thing when used for crypto-currency mining.

Download GPU-Z and verify the installed vBIOS matches what the exact model of the card should be.

Solution

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I have an rx 570 msi armour, it's a good gpu with a decent cooler, it should not be getting too hot, the temperature censors may vary depending on the software reading them, so it may be worth looking into that but even so i don't think 85c would be too bad for performance but if it is getting higher it will be worth checking for dust build up in the fans, choked off airflow in the case and perhaps even old thermal paste on the gpu die itself.

what kinds of fps are you getting and how does that compare to your laptop?, check the graphics settings and resolution of both too. for a card that old i'm getting 1080p med/high detail, and around 60 fps in most of the games i play, however i have a r7 2700x processor, which has 8 cores and 16 threads, keeps the gpu at 100% almost constantly, never gets too hot either but the cpu makes a bigger difference than people may realise