[SOLVED] I can’t boot a fresh Copy of Windows 10

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Been trying for days to get my pc back up and running after buying a new SSD and now I think all drives are screened up.

Solution
No. But you must select USB flash drive as boot drive. Your computer BIOS must have shortcut key for boot menu. Usually F8...F12, depends from particular BIOS - must be pressed after turning computer on or after reboot. A list with bootable drives with your flash drive mentioned in it must appear. Select flash drive from list and press Enter.
Please take a screenshot of the USB Key Root folder and upload it to imgur.com and post the imgur link here.

Windows Media Creation Tool - https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

This needs to be started on a running system and you follow the instruction. You choose "Create installation media" and you select your USB Key as the target and you create the installation media like that.

You cannot just download the tool and put it on the usb key. It will not work. You have to run the tool and follow the steps.