I can feel vibrations while charging tablet.

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Hello
While charging a tablet if I gently rub my finger on the back of the tablet (metal cover) I can feel vibrations
I also feel this on the battery from another tablet with the plastic back removed
I assume it's coming from the battery while charging and when I am not holding it
I use a 5V 2A charger.

Is this safe?

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about your clarification.

Are you saying you always feel that vibration? No matter where you are charging your laptop?

And everything in your residence with a metal case also vibrates?

Do other people feel the vibrations? Or roughness versus smoothness?

I am now wondering if there is some sort of electrical short or ground and you are feeling the low voltage affects.

May not be safe.

Have someone test your wiring and look for grounding (earth) problems. Start with the laptop and the electrical outlet used for charging.

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Not sure about your clarification.

Are you saying you always feel that vibration? No matter where you are charging your laptop?

And everything in your residence with a metal case also vibrates?

Do other people feel the vibrations? Or roughness versus smoothness?

I am now wondering if there is some sort of electrical short or ground and you are feeling the low voltage affects.

May not be safe.

Have someone test your wiring and look for grounding (earth) problems. Start with the laptop and the electrical outlet used for charging.
It must have to do with grounding because when I am not touching the ground with my feet then it's smooth.

It is a tablet and the same effect is on other devices with a metal body. Also can be felt by touching the battery while charging and grounded. I don't know if this is safe

Grounding in my home is perfectly fine

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
99% of most processors/systems have little fans.....

Fans spin.... :)
Does a phone have a fan inside ...No
Does an android Huawei tablet have a fan ...no
And would they fit in a device that's 0.9mm thick..

NO

And y'all can't read my first post as it clearly said it's a TABLET and not a laptop

I have found an answer. No need to reply

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
This problem cannot be solved completely but this gives you an idea of why it happens...

What i felt is leakage current from the pair of capacitors sending high frequencies from the chargers pins to ground.

Since most chargers are not grounded (they have only two prongs, not three) this ground is connected to the neutral wire and contains about half the mains voltage.

AC starts being dangerous at about 20–25mA while typical leakage current is under 0.1mA so you are in no danger.

This happens with other devices with an exterior body made of metal. Such as some phones, tablets, macbooks...etc