Question i cannot acces the bios using dp cable but when using hdmi cable i can

Aug 28, 2023
i got an issue when i use my displayport cable i cannot access the bios when i use the cable and when i open the pc its direcly open in the desktop without showing me the logo but if i use an hdmi cable i can access the bios and when i open the pc the logo appears for informatio my monitor is samsung 27" odessey g7 qhd 100r curved 240hz gsync & freesync and my pc is custom with msi motherboard pro b660m-b ddr4 btw i bought a new displayport wich is pramate dplink-360 displayport cable,ultra hd 8k@60hz so how to fix this problem ?!!

Are you plugging both cables into your graphics card or one of them into the motherboard (HDMI)? Could possibly be graphics driver needs to be reloaded.

Checked the specs for both monitor and cable and the DisplayPort matches at version 1.4.

Might check out this link for additional help with common DisplayPort issues:

Looks like someone else had similar issues here:

Aug 28, 2023
Are you plugging both cables into your graphics card or one of them into the motherboard (HDMI)? Could possibly be graphics driver needs to be reloaded.

Checked the specs for both monitor and cable and the DisplayPort matches at version 1.4.

Might check out this link for additional help with common DisplayPort issues:

Looks like someone else had similar issues here:
Yes am blugging the both cables into the graphics card

Aug 28, 2023
Don't have both plugged in. Try the DisplayPort w/o the HDMI cable plugged in and make sure the monitor is set to DisplayPort (it may not automatically switch in time for you to see the BIOS screen).
I tried that and i got the same proplem btw i got no logo when i boot up using the dp it opens directly on the desktop!
While the opposite happines using hdmi