[SOLVED] I cannot figure out if this pc build will work

Sep 8, 2019
i dont really want to go through the trouble of my pc parts being imcompatible, and re-ordering them continuously, so im wondering if these are compatible..
Here Are The Parts Listed Below:

GPU: Rtx 2080 ti
CPU: intel i9 9900k
MOBO :gigabyte z390 atx lga1151
RAM: Corsair vengeance 64gb pro
Storage: HP EX950 2TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 Snow Edition ATX Full Tower Case
PowerSupply: Prime Snowsilent 750w 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

thanks in advance

Solution
I'd recommend pcpartspicker for double-checking compatibility, but I don't imagine your system having any sort of issues. I'd definitely recommend you get yourself a decent CPU cooler since you have a high-end system. If you want to stick to that budget, there's several compromises you could do, depending on what you plan on using the PC for (Most probably RAM / CPU ). If I were you I'd prefer having a 32GB RAM / i7 9700k with a high quality CPU cooler. But if you can afford having that build AND a high-end CPU cooler, then definitely go for it.
Can't see any obvious incompatibilities. Whether they're the best for your purposes will depend on your intentions and expectations. If you want to be super safe you could check the motherboard's QVL for the RAM. In practice, Intel CPUs are pretty good with any RAM.

Would say you'd benefit from a third party cooler for the i9-9900k.

Sep 8, 2019
I'd recommend pcpartspicker for double-checking compatibility, but I don't imagine your system having any sort of issues. I'd definitely recommend you get yourself a decent CPU cooler since you have a high-end system. If you want to stick to that budget, there's several compromises you could do, depending on what you plan on using the PC for (Most probably RAM / CPU ). If I were you I'd prefer having a 32GB RAM / i7 9700k with a high quality CPU cooler. But if you can afford having that build AND a high-end CPU cooler, then definitely go for it.

Solution

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
9900k doesn't come with any cooler and you wouldn't want to use a stock one if it did. Since you came to forums to ask about compatibility just want to make sure you're looking at DDR4 RAM, and that high end of a build you want 3200MHz or better. Dropping to 32GB and getting faster speed would be better for gaming unless you have other programs that rely on a lot of RAM.

And as Obakasama mentioned, shopping from the QVL https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10/support#support-doc
Even with Intel can help avoid headaches.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019
since you all are saying i should get a cpu cooler i found one and im thinking i should get an
Corsair H100i Cooler or would you recommend a better one? and yes i have checked pcpartpartpicker and it said no problems just wanna be extra safe.

TRENDING THREADS