[SOLVED] I can't connect to the internet anymore, is this a motherboard problem?

Jun 15, 2021
So it was first a lesser of a problem. My internet was capped at 10 mbps since I moved my pc to another room. Download speed was a huge pain so I decided to reset my pc. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It worsened the problem. Now, I couldn't be able to connect to the internet anymore after countless hours of plugging and unplugging, resetting and formatting my computer. So i thought, is this now a motherboard issue? My motherboard is MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX.

PS. It's not a cable or a router problem since other computers are able to access the internet.

Solution
one way to check if it is hardware would be to run Ubuntu live USB and see if it also can't use internet as if 2 Operating systems can't see lan then it is possibly the adapter. this is assuming you were on windows.

No reason you couldn't buy an Ethernet adapter on PCI card and not use the onboard if indeed it doesn't work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one way to check if it is hardware would be to run Ubuntu live USB and see if it also can't use internet as if 2 Operating systems can't see lan then it is possibly the adapter. this is assuming you were on windows.

No reason you couldn't buy an Ethernet adapter on PCI card and not use the onboard if indeed it doesn't work.

Solution
So it was first a lesser of a problem. My internet was capped at 10 mbps since I moved my pc to another room. Download speed was a huge pain so I decided to reset my pc. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It worsened the problem. Now, I couldn't be able to connect to the internet anymore after countless hours of plugging and unplugging, resetting and formatting my computer. So i thought, is this now a motherboard issue? My motherboard is MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX.

PS. It's not a cable or a router problem since other computers are able to access the internet.

Resetting and formatting your computer....... did you install network drivers? Use another computer and head HERE and download all the drivers you need for your board