I can't figure which one

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alex77487

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

I bought the EVGA Geforce 650 ti boost superclocked 2gb along with the 630w Rosewill Green Series you recommended, bought from newegg. Oh and I was wondering what you meant that the graphics card will be "bottle-necked" by the current processor in my computer.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Bottle necking the graphics card by the CPU means that the gfx card can render scenes faster than the CPU can use them. The result is the gfx card (GPU) waits for the slower CPU to catch up. Ideally, you'd want a CPU that could stay ahead of the GPU, so the gfx card can run at its top speed.

When rendering scenes at lower rez (ex: 1280x800), it doesn't matter much because the GPU/CPU are over matched for that display anyway. But when running at 1920x1080, the card will be slowed down by the CPU's ability to keep up.

Alex77487

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Well i just got my computer up and running with the graphics card along with that psu. I got the pics for you
gefp.jpg

b4fp.jpg

j20k.jpg

u5xs.jpg

vbxc.jpg

and then a little sticky logo came with it that i put on top of my computer :)
c61k.jpg

Thank You!!!!! for helping a lot with me and saving some money too :p My computer is a jungle now with all those cords all over the place but it still fit like a charm. Also using a hdmi cable for connection, definitely will come here for all my computer questions.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You're very welcome. Good pics. Your old PC has a new lease on life now. Btw, better tidy up those cables so...
1) they don't block off air flow
2) they don't get caught in the fans and cause them to stop spinning.

Get some cheap cable ties and bundle them off out of the way.

I'll bet your next thing will be a processor upgrade... ;-)

Alex77487

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I have tested 2 games so far. GTA IV it will run at about 15 fps lowest and usually higher but i t runs smoothly on maxed out or high settings since there wasn't much of a fps difference with medium to high and I really don't mind it being smooth like 60 fps. And for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, It will always run 30 fps or higher completely maxed out compared to 10 fps before. And I was playing both on the 1980 by 1020 or whatever those larger screen coordinates are. Btw, the psu came with about 5 cable ties which i put one around all of them where they all met since that seemed to tidy most of the cords and none are near the fan since i put them on after i took the pictures, made sure everything would work and everything is working awesome. To sum everything up, I think I will stick with this setup for now, and it will be a good upgrade for a while, once again Thanks :D