[SOLVED] I can't find memory ramp anywhere!

Apr 7, 2020
Hi guys! I have a problem where 4.1 of my ram is reserved to the hardware, and reading on the internet I found that I could solve my problem by memory remapping.
The problem is that I can't find it anywhere, even if I looked like 10 times on every single setting of the BIOS (uefi). Could you help me?

My motherboard is:
ASUS PRIME A320M-K

I wanted to leave some photos of how the uefi looked but I don't know how to do it owo let me know how i can post photos c:

Thanks!

Solution
Already tried the "maximum memory tab" and it isn't checked :c what's the cmos reset?
the only thing that might work is the memory remap, but idk why i can't find it in my uefi :c
Instructions are in your manual along with diagrams...

Turn your computer off and disconnect the power cable.
Open it up and find the two CMOS reset pins.
Short those two pins together with a screwdriver tip, dinner knife or other metal object and hold it for about 10 seconds or so. Then reassemble and start up.

Pictures are in your manual showing you where the reset pins are. It's perfectly safe as all voltages are turned off and power removed. Just don't carelessly stab anything with the screwdriver and you'll be just fine.

It resets all BIOS...
Hi guys! I have a problem where 4.1 of my ram is reserved to the hardware, and reading on the internet I found that I could solve my problem by memory remapping.
The problem is that I can't find it anywhere, even if I looked like 10 times on every single setting of the BIOS (uefi). Could you help me?

My motherboard is:
ASUS PRIME A320M-K

I wanted to leave some photos of how the uefi looked but I don't know how to do it owo let me know how i can post photos c:

Thanks!
Which CPU do you have?
In fact, what are complete system spec's including your OS.
And what is telling you that '4.1 is reserved to the hardware'? You might find this useful:
https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24813-hardware-reserved-memory-5-5gb.html. You might be running 32bit windows instead of 64 bit windows.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020
Cruacial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K4GD240FSB 2400 MHz (4 gb each)
AMD YD1200BBAEBOS RYZEN 3 1200
MSI GeForce GTX 1050
ASUS PRIME A320M-K

Btw I'm using a 64bit windows 10, and yeah everyone says to enable the memory remap, but I've already said that I can't find it in my bios. And I see that 4.1gb are reserved for the hardware exactly where the guy sees it in the post u linked

Cruacial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K4GD240FSB 2400 MHz (4 gb each)
AMD YD1200BBAEBOS RYZEN 3 1200
MSI GeForce GTX 1050
ASUS PRIME A320M-K

Btw I'm using a 64bit windows 10, and yeah everyone says to enable the memory remap, but I've already said that I can't find it in my bios. And I see that 4.1gb are reserved for the hardware exactly where the guy sees it in the post u linked
hmm...I thought you may have an APU which will take some of memory for itself, but you have a 1200 CPU.

In the search box type MSCONFIG, in BOOT tab, ADVANCED options. Is Maximum Memory tab checked with a value indicated? uncheck if it is.

You might also do a CMOS reset which should reset to defaults and clear an memory mapping settings you can't find.

Other than those ideas I'm at a loss. Take it to a Windows 10 group and start asking there.

Apr 7, 2020
Already tried the "maximum memory tab" and it isn't checked :c what's the cmos reset?
the only thing that might work is the memory remap, but idk why i can't find it in my uefi :c

Instructions are in your manual along with diagrams...

Turn your computer off and disconnect the power cable.
Open it up and find the two CMOS reset pins.
Short those two pins together with a screwdriver tip, dinner knife or other metal object and hold it for about 10 seconds or so. Then reassemble and start up.

Pictures are in your manual showing you where the reset pins are. It's perfectly safe as all voltages are turned off and power removed. Just don't carelessly stab anything with the screwdriver and you'll be just fine.

It resets all BIOS settings to out-of-box defaults so that anything affecting 'reserved memory' should be cleared and you're back in business. If that doesn't do it, as I said you'll need to take it to a Windows 10 support forum and ask them what's up.

Solution