[SOLVED] I can't make portfordwarding and I don't know why.Any solution?

Apr 22, 2020
I've done everything to make this. I followed tutorials on internet about portforwarding, make my ip static and then put the ports that i wanted forward. But it doesn't work, and is very frustrating because i don't know why is the reason. I also put the rules in my firewall. I want to open my ports because some videogames put my nat status in strict, even some games don't allow me to do some things like join a game or allow that the people join to my lobbys. my router is a Nucom R5000UNv2. I am not a person that is very expert in the topic so i think that I am missing something but I don't know what.

kanewolf

Titan
I've done everything to make this. I followed tutorials on internet about portforwarding, make my ip static and then put the ports that i wanted forward. But it doesn't work, and is very frustrating because i don't know why is the reason. I also put the rules in my firewall. I want to open my ports because some videogames put my nat status in strict, even some games don't allow me to do some things like join a game or allow that the people join to my lobbys. my router is a Nucom R5000UNv2. I am not a person that is very expert in the topic so i think that I am missing something but I don't know what.
First you need to verify that you have a public IP address. You can check https://www.whatismyip.com/ against the value shown in the WAN on your router. If they don't match then that is your first problem.
If you use cellular for your WAN connection, you won't be able to port forward.

Apr 22, 2020
First you need to verify that you have a public IP address. You can check https://www.whatismyip.com/ against the value shown in the WAN on your router. If they don't match then that is your first problem.
If you use cellular for your WAN connection, you won't be able to port forward.
Well, i just checked and yes, it seems that this is the problem. the wan ip from my router is different from my public ip that ¿whats is my ip? display. So, what i have to do in order to make port forwarding? or is something that i can't make myself and is related with my provider?

kanewolf

Titan
Well, i just checked and yes, it seems that this is the problem. the wan ip from my router is different from my public ip that ¿whats is my ip? display. So, what i have to do in order to make port forwarding? or is something that i can't make myself and is related with my provider?
This is a provider related thing, probably. What is the first set of digits in your router WAN IP ? 10? 192? 100?