[SOLVED] I cant open apps withoot running it as admin and....

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017
cant open anything in Control Panel\System and Security\System such as advanced setting and remote settings im the admin account and i cant do anything with my laptop i know where the problem is and i fix it by making a reg file with this code Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\Default]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open]
@=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"
"IsolatedCommand"="\"%1\" %*"

but when i use this reg file it will only last about 4 minutes and after that the problem happens again

i cant run games on steam too

They run on background but nothing shows up

I have no problem in safe mode

PLZ HELP

Solution
i dont know i bought the laptop 5 years ago and this week suddencly this happend it never happend before today i downloaded bitdefender anti virus and everything i open it says its infected and wont let me and when that happens everything works fine even the control panel i also renistalled windows 10 but it didnt help bitdefender helps but wont let me open anyhting its says it should be disinfected
Given all that, this laptop absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
However you "reinstalled"...it did not remove everything.

USAFRet

Titan
Control Panel requires permission from an Admin account because...well, that's the way it works.
If you do not have the Admin account and password, you're not meant to mess around in system settings.

So...do you know the Admin password?

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017
Control Panel requires permission from an Admin account because...well, that's the way it works.
If you do not have the Admin account and password, you're not meant to mess around in system settings.

I am the main account and i know the password and everything but when i try to open sometthing like remote settings nothing happens

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017

I can open control panel but not some options in it i also cant play games

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017
Some things in CP require Admin access, some don't.

If you input the correct Admin password, and something does not work...this may need a whole OS reinstall.

Where did this OS install come from?
Is this a new condition, or did it always do this?
i dont know i bought the laptop 5 years ago and this week suddencly this happend it never happend before today i downloaded bitdefender anti virus and everything i open it says its infected and wont let me and when that happens everything works fine even the control panel i also renistalled windows 10 but it didnt help bitdefender helps but wont let me open anyhting its says it should be disinfected

Last edited:

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017

help me mate

USAFRet

Titan
Given all that, this laptop absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
However you "reinstalled"...it did not remove everything.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yup, as above full wipe and install. I would also change ALL your passwords to anything that laptop had access to. Web pages, apps, banking info (hope not), and so forth.

My bet would be that you got virus, it popped a fake "admin password" to escalate it's own privileges.

Ariab

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017
bitdefender mostly says The file E:\new folderssssssss (2).lnk is infected with Win32.Neshta.A. Bitdefender blocked this item, your device is safe.

USAFRet

Titan
A few entries in there stand out:

-------------------------
iolo technologies
www.iolo.com
iolo technologies - Windows PC Tune-up Software Experts

"PC Tuneup" software rarely works as advertised.
Almost always screws things up more than any 'help'.
Driver Booster
Again, these hurt more than help
IDM
Internet Download Manager?
Why? What benefit do you get from using that?

Again...a full wipe and reinstall.
This time, leave off the above mentioned junkware.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/threat...d-spyware/W32~Neshta-A/detailed-analysis.aspx

Pretty nasty cold there....It states it can infect drives and network shares. You would not be able to download OS from this computer, and likely (now) not any other computer on your shared network. It also states it can infect USB.

I would suggest going to a known good computer with a new USB stick and download the newest version of Windows 10 from Microsoft and nuking everything in this computers network from orbit.