Question I can't see my Samsung Smart TV anymore for wireless screen mirroring with Windows via a specific modem ?

Tatoline

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
I was able to connect my TV (Samsung 40N5300) without any problem. The only problem was, it was disconnected sometimes. It's not like a timeout period since there is no specific for disconnection: It could be disconnected after 20 minutes or 2 minutes. To handle this problem, I went to Device Manager and found the ethernet device there, unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. I'm not sure it's exactly because of after that, but my computer stopped seeing my Samsung TV. My computer is connected via ethernet (and also WiFi) and my TV is connected via WiFi on the same modem.
To handle this problem:
  • Re-check Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power on etherner
  • Unchecked/checked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power on WiFi device which is Intel AX201
  • Tried to update the ethernet, WiFi, GPU drivers on Device Manager but it said all updated
  • Tried to update GPU from GeForce Experience but there was no update
  • Downloaded Intel Driver Support Assistant and I found that there are 2 updates, I updated
  • I deleted memorized devices from Device Connect Manager from Samsung Smart TV
Still not on the Wireless Display list (Ctrl+K).
But my MacBook easily sees the TV and connect (also there is no disconnection issue). And when I connect my TV and my Windows to another modem, Windows can see the TV. But not on my main modem which is Asus RT-AX58U.
I'm looking forward to your advice.

Ralston18

Titan
Reference:

"My computer is connected via ethernet (and also WiFi) "

Only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) should be enabled at any given time.

If I understand correctly, disable the Ethernet (wired) network adapter and determine if the TV remains connected via wireless.

You may need to restart after disabling the Ethernet adapter.