[SOLVED] I didn’t ground myself before upgrading my ram

Jul 27, 2021
I’ve had my pc you for 2 years now and I only had 8gb of ram. So I decided to upgrade and get 2 new sticks 8gb each. Before putting them in, I didn’t ground myself. I opened the side clamps before realizing and then I touched my pc case to actually ground myself. I plugged in my ram and closed up my pc but my hdmi port isn’t working (the cord works) I testing another hdmi cord but that also didn’t work. My pc can turn on but the hdmi port isn’t working. (Side note: I was standing on carpet if that makes a difference)

Solution
sorry about the bold text, somehow accidentally typed that.

I suggest try the following
  1. check if the monitor is working
  2. check if GPU is working
  3. if monitor and GPU is working, bring the motherboard and the CPU to a local PC shop, they have some extra components for testing

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
sorry about the bold text, somehow accidentally typed that.

I suggest try the following
  1. check if the monitor is working
  2. check if GPU is working
  3. if monitor and GPU is working, bring the motherboard and the CPU to a local PC shop, they have some extra components for testing

Solution
I’ve had my pc you for 2 years now and I only had 8gb of ram. So I decided to upgrade and get 2 new sticks 8gb each. Before putting them in, I didn’t ground myself. I opened the side clamps before realizing and then I touched my pc case to actually ground myself. I plugged in my ram and closed up my pc but my hdmi port isn’t working (the cord works) I testing another hdmi cord but that also didn’t work. My pc can turn on but the hdmi port isn’t working. (Side note: I was standing on carpet if that makes a difference)
Did you add this new ram to your existing ram or did you remove old and installed the new?
Did you fit the new ram in the proper slots?......see the manual.
What is the make and model of the mobo?
Post a link to this new ram you bought.